Looking for a frame repair shop in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a hell of a time finding one too.

Call around for a fleet truck type shop, they'll know who to reach out to.

Hi guys, my FJ60's frame is bent due to a collision by the previous owner. I had a shop in Phoenix who could straighten it when I lived out there but have yet to find a shop here who can do the work. I need a shop familiar with pulling truck frames, and every bodyshop I have asked has shied away. Any recommendations?

Let me reach out to a couple people I knew in the body shop/insurance industry from Safelite. they may know of a place.

Worst case scenario, I have an FJ62 that I will be pulling the body and putting it on an 80 roller and will be selling the rolling frame. Don't know your time frame.

What did you end up doing?

I did what I told you to do, and found a frame shop in Durham that could straighten out my f550. They did a good job.

Big truck frame and axle shops are where its at. That's what they do, auto body places don't see full frame vehicles much any more, and subsequently don't know how to fix them ( most of them anyways)

Something like this place, or call FleetPride, they could point you in the right direction.

Worst case scenario, I have an FJ62 that I will be pulling the body and putting it on an 80 roller and will be selling the rolling frame. Don't know your time frame.

I'm not in a hurry, let me know because this could be a good option.

I have considered a straight swap for a 60/62 frame, or a swap to an 80 frame, but the truck is together and functional now so by far the easiest option is to just get the existing frame straightened. I'm open to all options right now.

Big truck frame and axle shops are where its at. That's what they do, auto body places don't see full frame vehicles much any more, and subsequently don't know how to fix them ( most of them anyways)

Something like this place, or call FleetPride, they could point you in the right direction.

Thanks I will call them shortly!

I have a frame if that is an option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom