Looking for a 2M Handheld Unit - Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."
Threads
Hi all,

I have Yaesu 2M radios hard mounted in my FJ40 and Tacoma. Now looking for a hand held 2M radio for occasional use in my 100 Series (with an external antenna.)

Any suggestions for 2M hand helds to look at?

Thanks!

See that the 100 is your desert explorer. If you are getting pretty remote may want a mobile rig. If one of your other radios is accessible get a spare bracket, power cables and good antenna for the 100 and swap the radio when you need it.
I have a Baofeng HT, but just use it to talk to nearby trucks when I am out of the truck.

Hi all,

I have Yaesu 2M radios hard mounted in my FJ40 and Tacoma. Now looking for a hand held 2M radio for occasional use in my 100 Series (with an external antenna.)

Any suggestions for 2M hand helds to look at?

Thanks!

Since you're already familiar with Yaesu menus and programming, etc. a Yaesu VX hand-held would be an obvious choice. There have been several generations, so if budget is a concern you can buy an older VX-7 or VX-6 used, cheaper than the latest generation VX-8. I have a VX-7R (that I bought used) and the quality is there. It has been faultless all the years I've owned it. I replaced the stock rubber ducky antenna with a slightly longer Diamond antenna, and the range of this little unit is impressive.

ft-60R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom