Looking for 76/77/78 series wagon sliders.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Family is having a hard time getting in the truck these days. I removed the running boards due to some rust that needs to be dealt with. Been thinking about sliders for a while now as they could serve the dual purpose of running boards and off road protection.

I don't have time to design and fab any myself. I also don't want to weld anything to my frame; prefer a clamp around the frame design.

Anyone know where I could buy some 'off the shelf'; or is there someone on VI that can custom fab some for $$? @PeeZed I think you had someone make you some? Sooke?

Last edited:
As the truck gets better for wheeling it gets worse as a family daily....

IMG_20201111_113643458.jpg

I've been thinking about the same for my 61. Bit of an awkward climb in without anything to step on.

I might find someone with a tube bender to bribe, I'd also like to put some bars on the front bumper, had more than a few near misses with deer lately.

I've been thinking about the same for my 61. Bit of an awkward climb in without anything to step on.

I might find someone with a tube bender to bribe, I'd also like to put some bars on the front bumper, had more than a few near misses with deer lately.

I think we may have a fairly new tube bender in the machine shop at UVic. But I'm not sure what dies we have for it. Will inquire.....

Front of my truck needs some deer protection too. Been meaning to weld some mounts to put the factory bull bar back on....for the last 5 years haha.

You are welcome to come over and look at my CruisinOffRoad sliders for an 80, but fit 60 well enough. Only $1200 retail.
But you can see how they are made. N-did you get my email?

I could remove them easily enough if anyone wanted to see them.

I could remove them easily enough if anyone wanted to see them.

Hey Jon, returned your email. Definitely don't remove 'em! (but thanks for the offer) I think my co-worker's 80 has the same sliders, so I'll take a look at lunch today.

That's great; thanks a lot for that link! That is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. If I can adapt one of those kits with reasonable effort it'll still save a bunch of time compared to building from scratch.

No worries. I put a set on my 70 way back when, and then bought another for my 45 but I didn't end up using them.

Pretty sure I bought one of those two sets from NWF , don't know if they still carry that stuff tho. Was a loooong time ago.

@GTSSportCoupe, pre-fab is likely you're best bet as fiddling around with a bolt on style could make the cost of custom rise quickly. Mine are weld on...at the time I believe the fabricator said they were a $500 adder to my front and rear bumper package.

@GTSSportCoupe, pre-fab is likely you're best bet as fiddling around with a bolt on style could make the cost of custom rise quickly. Mine are weld on...at the time I believe the fabricator said they were a $500 adder to my front and rear bumper package.

Thanks PeeZed!

That's great; thanks a lot for that link! That is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. If I can adapt one of those kits with reasonable effort it'll still save a bunch of time compared to building from scratch.
Thinking about it, there was a shop in vic that'd bring in trailgear stuff without charging a fortune in shipping. Don't remember who tho. ( or if it's still a thing )

Edit... Possible it was westshore spring?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom