Looking at a 98 Tacoma with a TRD blower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a pretty clean truck. It was repainted at some point as it looks like it's missing the TRD decal (this one would have the pkg since it is a V6, 4x4 and has the rear e-locker). It does have pretty low mileage so that's a plus. Slapping a supercharger on an old and tired engine would just be a time bomb waiting to happen.

My biggest concern with it is who put the supercharger on it. I highly doubt it came with one from the factory. I've only seen them stock on later 3rd gen 4Runners. Aside from that check over the usual things anyone would do when looking over a car. Check for rust, check the fluids and their levels, see if there’s any major leaks anywhere and things like that. Check the body for dings and dents.

Check the front end suspension parts very thoroughly. Check the control arm bushings, ball joint boots and steering rack for leakage. Also look at the CV axle boots and make sure those are not ripped as well.

If all checks out $13k isn’t too bad of a price for a truck with this low of miles and that kind of work. Always run a CarFax or some kind of vehicle report before buying it. I bought a 94 Toyota pickup with 126k miles and when I went to sell it found out it had 300k from someone who ran the CarFax.

Let us know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom