Long Range tank install and rear bumper... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im interested in getting a 40 gal LR tank in my 200. also looking at a rear slee install. what shops are local and can tackle this? Been thinking about ACC down in ATL, but logistics would be a pain.

Last edited:
I'd imagine most 4x4 shops.could do an auxillary tank install with no issue. Just call around to some near you.

What is a Sled install though?

Last edited:
Sorry for the typo. SLEE rear bumper.

Ahh thought that may be it, but I forgot slee makes their own bumpers. Been out of the cruiser game for too long. Lol

BudBuilt. Rob has done this install many times over at this point, including fixing other people's botched installs.

Last edited:
Bud built is a lot closer then ATL

Couldn't agree more.

I have the drag link and tie rod on my 80 from him. Always bugged him to make more for the 80 series. Would have bought any skid plate he made.

I have the drag link and tie rod on my 80 from him. Always bugged him to make more for the 80 series. Would have bought any skid plate he made.

I bought his 200 sliders and stopped in on a trip to Asheville and they installed them for me. He took a ton of his time shooting the s*** with me, even after multiple times me telling him I didn't want to interrupt his day. Awesome dude and his staff is just as friendly.

Just got off the phone with Budbuilt. What a super guy and a great resource. Best part is he is 2.5 hours away from me. Looking at going with a 40 gal tank and a rear bumper... buy once, cry once.

Never met Bud but have stopped by there more than once to pick up mud ship stuff for folks and he’s always been really cordial and accommodating on the phone. His guys that I’ve met are the same way. I wish he’d make 80 stuff so I could give him money.

Agreed, Bud is one of the nicest guys in the industry, makes great product as well. I had a full set of his skids on my FJ Cruiser. Every time we used them (which was often) Heather or I or both would say "Thanks Bud" :)

A little late on this and I see you've already made a decision, but I had my LRA auxiliary tank installed on my LX at Trollhole's last year and highly recommend them.

Also, Main Line Overland in Charlotte does LRA installs as another option.

A little late on this and I see you've already made a decision, but I had my LRA auxiliary tank installed on my LX at Trollhole's last year and highly recommend them.

Also, Main Line Overland in Charlotte does LRA installs as another option.
Where is trollhole’s? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom