LOGANS RUN 2020 September 17-20th OFFICIAL THREAD *COVID CANCELLED... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
Logans Run 2020
September 17-20
Uwharrie National Forrest
Badin Lake Group Camp - New London, NC
Group camp Information (Location/Rules/etc)

lr2018 banner.jpg

Registration is now open:: Register Here!

Attendance is limited and campsites are strictly first come, first serve; we strongly suggest you register in advance. If there is space, walk up passes will be made available at the registration tent (see below for hours). This year we will likely hit the limit for Group camp - if that happens, walk up passes will not be available.

Event begins at noon on Thursday September 17th

Logan Monk, an ONSC member who was instrumental in the growth of the club is the key inspiration behind this event. His parents Lydia and Kenny continue to inspire us with their warm smiles and open arms. We are lucky to have them as family, and will continue to join them in remembering Logan through this annual family fun event of wheeling, camping and great friends.

This year will include some optional activities:

• Bar style trivia game (easier than last year, I promise)
  • Friday Night Campsite Potluck Dinner and prize for best dish!
  • Kayak trip (with local rafting company - fees will apply - sign up in advance - information forthcoming)
  • Mountain Bike Trips - guided by ONSC members

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Thursday, September 17th, 2020
  • 12:00 Gates open for Guests to arrive
  • Vehicle Inspection will occur throughout the evening as volunteer inspectors become available
  • 15:00 (3PM) Registration Tent Opens - Get your information packets.
  • 18:00 (6PM) Registration Tent Closes - Those arriving after 6PM will need to register on Friday morning
  • Meals will be your responsibility - Group Campfire will be available for warmth and cooking
  • Unorganized trail rides at Uwharrie are always available 24 hours a day - be safe, and be sure to get your trail passes in advance at the outpost or other locations
  • Quieter hours start at 11:00PM
Friday, September 18th, 2020
  • 8:15 Registration Tent Opens
  • 8:15-9:00 Inspection of remaining vehicles
  • 9:00 - Wheeling groups Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart (see below for how groups are divided up)
  • 10:30 - Registration Tent Closes - Those arriving after 10:30AM will need to register at 3PM
  • Lunch and dinner are available at the Outpost, or pack your own/coordinate meals with others
  • 14:00 (2PM) Mountain Bike Trip 1 Departs (Approximately 1-2 hour trip)
  • 15:00 (3PM) Registration Tent open for late arrivals
  • 16:00 (4PM) Registration Tent closes
  • 18:00 (6PM) Campsite Potluck Dinner. Bring your "Flame A Game" Famous Ribs? Family Chili? Bring it on. Prize for best dish!
  • Unorganized trail rides at Uwharrie are always available 24 hours a day - be safe, and be sure to get your trail passes in advance at the outpost or other locations
Saturday, September 19th, 2020
  • 8:15 Registration Tent Opens
  • 8:15-9:00 Inspection of remaining vehicles
  • 9:00 - Wheeling groups Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart (see below for how groups are divided up)
  • 9:30 - Registration Tent Closes
  • Lunch is your own choice - we suggest you pack it in advance
  • 14:00 (2PM) Mountain Bike Trip 2 Departs (Approximately 1-2 hour trip)
  • 17:00 (5PM) - Registration Tent Opens
  • 18:00 (6PM) - Registration Tent Closes - RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE DEADLINE
  • 18:00 (6PM) Dinner: Texalina BBQ (Group Camp)
  • 19:00 (7PM) LandCruiser Trivia - Form your teams and compete answering Cruiser questions to win 'fabulous' prizes!
  • 20:00 (8PM) Raffle - Thanks Sponsors!
  • 21:00 (9PM ish) Raffle ends, campfire/s'mores and tall tales.
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
  • 9:00 Gather for trail riding (if you wish)
  • Trucks are divided up into groups based on difficulty of the trails participants want to run (easy, medium, difficult)
  • Each group will have a designated trail leader and tail gunner
  • Groups will wheel from roughly 9:00am until whenever they wish
  • Clean-up and the end of our event is 2:00PM - please be sure you leave only footprints and take only memories. (and any trash you've accumulated)

WHEELING SCHEDULE:
Volunteers needed to lead trail rides. Those of you with experience, a map and some common sense, please feel free to send me a note to volunteer.

As usual, there will be three groups focused on 'Easy/beginner', Medium, and Difficult. As a group you will agree on the trails/path that you take.

SIGN UP IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE YOUR SPOT. Once you have registered, please respond to this thread with your preferred spots. Example:: "Friday - Easy, Saturday - Medium, Sunday - none" and if you'd like to lead a trail ride.

Friday:
8:15 - Line up for Trail ride
9:00- Easy, Medium and Difficult trail rides DEPART
Easy Trail leader:
Participants:
Medium Trail leader:

Participants:
Difficult Trail leader:
Participants:

Saturday:
Easy Trail leader:
Participants:
Medium Trail leader:

Participants:
Difficult Trail leader:
Participants:

Sunday
Easy Trail leader:
Participants:
Medium Trail leader:

Participants:
Difficult Trail leader:
Participants:

THE COST:
Drivers Weekend Pass: $60 ($50 - EARLY BIRD -REGISTER PRIOR TO AUGUST 1ST)
Passenger registration: $15
Kids under 17 - free (we need to know they're coming for food purposes)
Extra T-Shirts - $15
Raffle tickets $5
Raffle ticket packs (only in advance)
- 5 tickets for $20
- 30 tickets for $100

The Details/FAQ:

Family Friendly:

Like all other Olde North State Cruisers events your whole family is invited. This includes your children and pets. Please be thoughtful, courteous and cautious and leave at home any member of the family that might not be well socialized or be otherwise unpredictable at a gathering of this type. Problematic people and pets deemed to pose a safety hazard or whom show aggression will be asked to leave.

Parking/Camping:
  • Camping is first come, first serve.
  • If you did not register or pay at the gate, you cannot attend (this is simple to understand but still seems to be hard to follow for some)
  • Do not drive over the center grass at group camp
  • Tow rigs, car hauler trailers and large campers/RVs are to park in the open grass area at Site B ONLY
  • Smaller campers/teardrops/etc can be parked wherever you find a spot that fits
  • Please do not be greedy with the space you take to set up your campsite. We're going to have a lot of people as always

Sponsors (updated as they come in):

BFGOODRICH

Aussie Locker
CCOT
Land Cruiser Heaven
Apex Overland
TROLLHOLE
Reefmonkey
Scott Clark Toyota
Wit's End
Proffitt's Resurrection Land Cruisers
Metaltech4x4

This thread will be updated as new info becomes available. Please share this event with people that might want to attend!

Last edited:
Well I think it will be, I know most rational people think it will be - will have to wait and see if Roy Cooper agrees. Certainly if kids are back in school early August, we can probably go play in the woods in September.

I have been wrong before though

Woot.... best event of the year for you guys.
@izzyandsue you missed a perfect opportunity.

200.gif

SON OF A Biscuit. I have a wedding on the 19th. It would have been my first time wheeling with 38s! Damnit!

SON OF A Biscuit. I have a wedding on the 19th. It would have been my first time wheeling with 38s! Damnit!

Come out for the 17th and 18th, leave early the 19th. Boom

Registered x 2. See you guys and gals there.

Registered Wif + 2Kids (they may bail) I'll let you know ahead of time.
Easy - Fri, Med - Sat.

There can't be a LR without the Dent there!!

ONSC regrets to inform you that this years Logans Run is cancelled.

All registration fees will be immediately refunded.

Uwharrie trails and the surrounding campgrounds are open and available for use, however Roy Cooper's Phase 2 limitation on outdoor group gatherings (25 people or less) won't make most of the key components of the event possible (dinners/raffle/etc). Although phase 2 is scheduled to move to phase 3 a week before the event, it is not clear if Roy will extend it further, OR what phase 3 limits might be (50 people? 100, 200? We just don't know so it is not a risk we can take.)

Because of this uncertainty we want to give folks the opportunity to make other plans. If anyone would like to take over ONSC's reservation at group camp and pay for the weekend's use, please contact me right away. It is possible that Phase 3 will begin prior to the event dates and a larger group will be legally allowed. But I'm sure everyone understands that with catering and all the other expenses involved, we cannot take the risk.

Those of you that choose to come to URE yourself for camping at dispersed camping spots, or Badin lake campground or other areas nearby, wherever you are, beep your horn or toast a beer or a YooHoo for Logan at 9PM on Saturday night!

We'll see you all next year folks. Meanwhile we hope to see you out there.

Stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom