lock the doors with the engine running??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figured I'd reach out to fellow mudders that might have encountered a similar situation...

We are in a rare winter cold snap here in Nashville and I was hoping i could start the car and warm it up for a few minutes without it getting stolen in good ole East Nashville. I can't seem to lock the truck either manually OR with the other key fob while the key is in the ignition with the engine running. Is this a safety/security feature? Any workarounds other than remote start?

Mine: 2007 Land Cruiser

I drive a 1999,Saved me a couple of times! Yes, it’s made for people who stop the car and leave the key in the ignition. Then walk out of their vehicles possibly locking themselves out. I always thought it was a nice little feature. So long as the key is in the ignition (not necessarily on) the doors won’t close, even if you manually try and hit the lock button. Maybe look into an auto start remote to bypass.

Do you have a second paired key?

1. Fire up the engine, turn OFF heaters. Then exit the car and close all doors.

2. Use your second key to manually lock drivers door (turn counterclockwise) — this will manually lock all doors. Double-check that all doors are locked.

3. Come back shortly to a warmed-up engine. Manually unlock drivers door, and drive!

Maybe, start engine with all doors closed. Lock doors with power lock button. Manually unlock driver's door and get out. Manually lock driver's door and close, unless the system will automatically unlock that as well and not just when we use the power lock input (which I know it does).

Never really paid attention so I'm not too sure, all I know is it prevented my friend from locking us out one time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom