Location of coolant temp sensor for 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I know it is in a plug in the aft portion of the head by the firewall and #6. Does it screw in? Which exact part of the head does it go in? Trying to find out if a 2F sensor would work in a 3F-E head.

Thanks,

On a GM, it's on the side of the block, and I believe it's the same on the Toy-I6. Yes, it screws in, and will have a male-spade on it to connect up a female.

182l.gif

Courtesy of SOR.com :D

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=4509;start=msg33764#msg33764 date=1061483698]
Courtesy of SOR.com :D
[/quote]

Now which `plug' does that actually go into on the head? I thought it was on the head, not the block....right?

On mine there are two ports on the head, I do not have one on the block. They are near the front and about mid way back. The holes in to the head are 1/2 NPT, or atleast 1/2 works great. I was told to use brass, so it will give before the head, just in case. They look alot like the head bolt locations. I have almost mistaken them a couple of times when I get in a hurry.

The sending unit follows the gauge on most swaps. IE.... to get a 2F stock temp gauge to work you would need a 2F sensor. I am sure this applies to F vs 2f and I assume it follows to 3F also. Location is hidden with a 3FE but I bet it would screw right in. AFAIK if it screws in and the gauge matches the sender you are there.

[quote author=dd113 link=board=1;threadid=4509;start=msg33808#msg33808 date=1061491995]
AFAIK if it screws in and the gauge matches the sender you are there.
[/quote]

That's what I'm hoping. Yes, my guage is the 2F guage in my 40. The 3F-E head looks almost identical to the 2F, but I don't have the 2F in there of course any more and just didn't pay too much attention; need to look tonight as to which screw/cap/plug to pull in order to put a 2F sensor.

The sensor wires were those that hooked to the two-pole disconnect on the 40's center firewall, no?

[quote author=73lndcrsr link=board=1;threadid=4509;start=msg33804#msg33804 date=1061491376]
On mine there are two ports on the head...they are near the front and about mid way back.
[/quote]

Mid-way from the front? I could have sworn the sensor went in the back couple of inches from #6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom