local tell me about this cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I really wanted several local guys to tell me why it's a great deal; or tear it up and point out why it's not. My main question is :
I was wondering if that is an aftermarket tub because shouldn't a 76 have ambulance doors? Or, since the back window folds up should'nt it have little barn doors? So the top is pre -75?
And what is the metal where the doors would be then? ---sorry that's 4 questions but it really is one isn't it? {5}
The ad says automatic , but I see a clutch pedal.
The tag is oklahoma, the number is texas, the truck is in lenexa?
I got a few more ?'s , but I am going to take this opportunity to thank you for your response. thank you

Didnt notice the back doors yes with a hatch there should be barn doors, looks like it has an aftermarket tailgate. As for the plate/loc/phone I would guess the seller is military. I think the trans is a typo as I also see the manual shifter

Agreed. Here is one I looked at today . This might be a good deal for someone who wants to do an aftermarket tub. The rear body is rusted quite a bit ; and has some sheet metal repairs over rust. But the frame looks real good. The seller is a nice guy. He has alot of extra shizzle and I think the price is good for someone who wants a trail rig, but i'm pretty new to fj40's so ymmv. be good.

1975 Toyota FJ40, Chevy 350, 4 Speed, Lockers, 6" Lift, 35"s

Last edited:
Trainrech;
your cruiser is really nice, and when i was looking i studied your ad many times; frankly i am surprised it has not sold yet.
I am a newbie to fj40's and yours looks good.
I have searched mud for info about fitting and installing the hardtop and doors to aqualu tubs. I was unable to find any satisfactory info.
How hard are they to fit?
No-one knows I guess
. How does one go about fitting the hardtop and doors? No-one has made a thread that I could find.
That one thing in your ad is why I never called you,-even though you are fairly close-- and I think that probably goes for alot of your potential buyers.
Now I am the new guy; and i sure as cuss don't want to make any enemies-- in fact, i want help, and friends, and comradarie.
But for cuss sake, put on the hard top and doors! Put that cuss on and it will sell in a week.
-but not to me; I cussed up and bought a non-affiliated vehicle and its been blocking my driveway for a cussing month. I truly wish I had bought yours.
be good, :beer: falgreen

No worries, you aren't going to offend me.

If I end up taking the time to put the hard top back on, I will then need to paint it. Also, the doors need work to take care of rust issues. I'll probably take a few pictures with the soft top on it and go from there.

There's still interest in it, but if it doesn't sell within the next couple of weeks it is going on E-bay. I'm ready to move on to my next project that has been in storage since 8/2010.

you've never driven a 40 with the hardtop and doors on have you?
For those of us that have, and took the time and a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ARSE to put them on.. they SUCK.. they're ovens on wheels, they're top heavy and handle like a pig.. I used to daily drive mine, top came off as soon as the snow was gone..
if someone wants a hardtop most of us have thrown them away.. or taken them off and not put them back on..

if it's a location thing,, there are many of us that will house an FJ40 for a bit in the KC area so that chris could sell it..

So Falgreen, sounds like you purchased one? what'd you end up with, apparently it has a hard top on it I would imagine?

Chris.. we're hoping to have another empty garage space after this upcoming weekend spent with Chef.. then possibly i can get back to my project.

you've never driven a 40 with the hardtop and doors on have you?
Ha ha; you are absolutely right. I hadn't driven one with a hardtop and doors before. It is also extremely loud {in mine}, as well as un-wieldy. I was looking at the problem from my perspective only {blinders on} which is:
1. I have no garage or covered parking.
2. I dd to a less than crime free area and work long strange hours.
Those are the reasons I need a hardtop. Weather and theft.

I ended up with a 78 fj40 that I am learning to love.
I will soon find out how to post photos.
When I get it running again I'd really like to walk around it with someone who knows what I should be doing , ha ha.
thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom