LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aaaaand....they over filled it. Thankfully I just bought a vacuum oil pump for use on the boat so I'll put that to use on fixing this.

The manual specifically states to wait 8 minutes after warm up to properly check the oil. I'm guessing they didn't do that, filled it, checked it and filled it some more since it read low. Now I'm a good 3/4 inch over the full dot.

2/3s of a quart over. Not the end of the world but with only a 4.5 quart dry fill that's about a 20% over. Right at the upper dot on the dip stick now.

PXL_20240320_181927740.jpg
PXL_20240320_181831519.jpg

Last edited:
Aaaaand....they over filled it. Thankfully I just bought a vacuum oil pump for use on the boat so I'll put that to use on fixing this.

The manual specifically states to wait 8 minutes after warm up to properly check the oil. I'm guessing they didn't do that, filled it, checked it and filled it some more since it read low. Now I'm a good 3/4 inch over the full dot.

2/3s of a quart over. Not the end of the world but with only a 4.5 quart dry fill that's about a 20% over. Right at the upper dot on the dip stick now.

View attachment 3586989View attachment 3586990
I stopped letting others change my oil 30 years ago after all my skid plate bolts were stripped out.

After Ourisman damaged my 4R (stupidity & ignorance) I didn’t go back for my remaining oil changes.

What'd they do?

We did the first two (toyotacare free) oil changes on my wife's T4R at Priority in Springfield.

They apparently used an impact gun on the drain plug during one (or both) and distorted the lower pan.

This is the same dealership that:
- Offered an $8k (highest) trade on a tacoma I sold two months later for $22k
- Parts dept charges 50-100% over MSRP
- Messed up a 3rd brake light gasket recall and took all day
- Immediately blamed DIY oil changes after looking at the carfax records for pinging I was experiencing in a 3.5L 2GR-FKS under heavy load in hot weather

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom