Local Event Information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 32nd annual Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride
June 15th through 17th 2023 at Windrock OHV park in Oliver Springs Tennessee.

Registration opens March 1, 2023!!​

I would suggest including the Relic Run (in April) too. It is in North Carolina east of Charlotte, so is in the region.
Last year was the first time that I attended the event. I intend to go back this year, but have not made concrete plans yet. [It is a few days after my bride birthday, so negotiations will be required.]

In less than two weeks, I will be heading to RoundUp in Texas (Mason Tx is ~990 miles). The event is 16-19March. This may or may not fit your criteria for local, but I have made the drive in single day ... even driving a slow diesel Cruiser so that is bound to be local at some level.

Razorback Ramble at Hot Springs, Arkansas
I have been to this park a couple of times, but never attended the event. My plan is to correct that this year.

The last time I went there for the Fall Crawl (which is an annual event held each October) and my bride came with. She really liked the venue. We had a room at the Embassy Suites. It met her criteria for camping and the hotel is ~3 miles to trailhead while be ~3 blocks from downtown Hot Springs. So on the days that she did not want join me on the trails, there were a lot of options available within a short walk.

I mention this in case that would be a positive consideration in planning discussions with your brides

Coal Mine Cruiser Classic

I have attended this multiple times. From Atlanta metro (my house in Kennesaw), it is ~770 mile drive. Again, even my slow diesel Cruiser can make the trip in a day so I consider it local.

The parks that event is hosted at are retired (reclaimed) strip coal mines with glacier rock so the trails cover a wide spectrum.

The KOA that they use for event central is amazing in what it has to offer (camping, cabins, RV, on-site restaurant/pool/icecream parlor/ferris wheel/merry-go-round/water park). This helps make the event as a family vacation destination for many that attend.

Over the years, we have added onto the event for additional fun. Last year, my bride and I drove the full length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive as event warm up. This got us to northern Virginia where we completed the drive to the event.

In prior years with my daughter, we have included side trips to
  • Hershey Park (amusement park), plus the World of Chocolate just outside the park
  • Philadelphia [sight seeing & Mutter Museum ( daughter that you met is a doctor and opted for a medical museum twice)]
  • Gettysburg
  • Antietam
  • Harpers Ferry
  • Shenandoah Valley

I posted this in our meeting thread as well, but incase you missed it...

OK Guys... I have a cool meet up opportunity for us.

Greer Automotive Services is hosting a meet up Saturday November 18th from 12:00-4:00

If you are not familiar with Patrick Greer and his crew, he does a ton of Toyota Land Cruiser work. I have gotten some work on the LC200 and he did a great job at a fair price. I think he is going to have a taco truck and maybe some prizes. Bring your Toyota (or whatever) and come check out a cool shop and some cool rides.

Saturday 11/18 – 12:00-4:00

Greer Automotive Services
815 Jamerson Road
Marietta, GA 30066

Greer Automotive Services - https://greer-automotive-services.business.site/

PS – They recently moved about a mile and a half from their old location, so make sure you use the address above.

Not sure if this is considered local. It's in South TN.

We are planing to camp at Sarah’s creek and doing trail rides around Clayton GA Feb 17th - 18th. Camp out Saturday night if it weather permits. If it is too cold we will just do a day trip on Saturday the 17th, hit the trails all day and come home.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have questions

yota.atlanta@gmail.com

MM

We are planing to camp at Sarah’s creek and doing trail rides around Clayton GA Feb 17th - 18th. Camp out Saturday night if it weather permits. If it is too cold we will just do a day trip on Saturday the 17th, hit the trails all day and come home.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have questions

yota.atlanta@gmail.com

MM
Thanks for putting this together. I’ll be there rain or shine 👍🍻

Thanks for putting this together. I’ll be there rain or shine 👍🍻
Patch,... Are you going to be the "black diamond" trail guide?

I'll lead the "bunny slopes" :rofl:

Reminder: We are heading up to Clayton (Sarah's Creek) next saturday (Feb 17th) to do some trail riding. A few of us might camp out Satuday night.

Shoot me a message if you need more details.

MM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom