Local Driveshaft Help - Need a Heavy Wall Shaft Built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Once upon a time a buddy who worked at a big rig truck shop and I built a 1/4” wall rear drive shaft for my old rig that balanced to 75+ mph. It laughed at all but the biggest hits, and even when it got a little bent, Hesperia Driveshaft straightened it while we waited for parts for the race rig’s driveshaft at the 2012 or 2013 KOH race. I want to get a similar shaft built for my FJ40, would prefer to give the business to someone local. Anyone know someone or a driveshaft shop who can build a stout shaft?

It would not need to be a CV, with my wheelbase the rear shaft is going to be about 24” long. Has the 60mm x 68.5mm flanges on both the axle and transfer case.

You can try Bud's springs in Lancaster, @caz found a place in Reading. I make my own out of 2.5" schedule 40 pipe.

I have a good connection in York with a local shop that builds these for big rigs. Let me know if that is local for you.

of course, my 40 now has big rig drive shafts 🙄

i've delt with an old school driveshaft shop in hbg.....how old school? they give out naked girly calendars around this time of the year....thats old school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom