Little weekend project. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been trying to find the perfect GPS. After trying a few different things and since Spresso has been very happy with his Lowrance Baja 540, I decided to give the Baja HDS 5 a try. I've had the unit for a few weeks, but have not had a chance to put it to use. I figured I needed a way to mount the unit and brainstormed for a little while before coming up with this mount.

Just have to find the time to put it to use and test it out.

Jack

Looks good. Rigid enough without a triangulated mount?

edit: Thanks Ken...now I see the extra tab; perfect!

Last edited:
Looks good. Rigid enough without a triangulated mount?

I bet with a quick zip tie to the OS handle it will be rock solid. EDIT I did not see the tab half way up on the center console. Looks good!
And extra bonus with that pole mount would be great for hosting a mobile strip club to pay for that GPS... :popcorn:

ken

All that work and you'll probably sell it before you ever get the lift on....:)

Nice job.

Looks like it mounts to the bolts under the seat? Could you mount it to the trans tunnel, or is that what you want to avoid?

either way it looks clean! If you want to mount it forward a bit I can bend some tubing for ya so it follows up the curve of the dash. :cheers:

NICE!:grinpimp:

All that work and you'll probably sell it before you ever get the lift on....:)

Nice job.

:flipoff2:

Looks like it mounts to the bolts under the seat? Could you mount it to the trans tunnel, or is that what you want to avoid?

either way it looks clean! If you want to mount it forward a bit I can bend some tubing for ya so it follows up the curve of the dash. :cheers:

You could mount it to the trans tunnel, but I didn't want to drill any holes in the floor. It does use the front seat bolt for the main anchor, then the forward portion where the post mounts to, tucks under the center console side panel, then as some of you noticed the post mounts to a tab that is bolted to the upper center console, just messing around, it seems very solid. Of course, I won't know until it has been tested on some washboard.

I appreciate the offer of bending the tubing, but it really isn't in the way as is and I don't want to redo it anyway. :hillbilly:

For everyone else, I appreciate the compliments. Can't wait to test it out.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom