Little River Canyon - Sept 8, 2018 DLC Ride (1 Viewer)

Which date works better?

• Sat 8/8

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sat 8/15

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
**Ride is scheduled for Saturday 9/8**

We decided in our last meeting to take our next club ride at Little River Canyon right outside of Ft. Payne, AL.

We will be meeting at McDonald's in Trussville off exit 141 (1111 N Chalkville Rd, Trussville, AL 35173) at 8am Saturday morning.

I'm going to post a cross thread in the HOT South clubhouse and see if any of them want to join us.

Here's some info, pics and video of LRC. It looks to be mainly dirt road with a few small creek crossings.

Little River Canyon Backcountry Road 05

Last edited:
15th is better for me - there is a chance I might actually make it.

Guys, we are going to keep the original date of 9/8 for our ride to Little River Canyon. Posted info on meet up time and location in the original post.

15th
Headed Busted Knuckle ORP this coming weekend

Oops, I see it’s been, y’all have fun!

I’ll be there, not sure if I’m driving the 40, 60 or 100 though. We’ll see how hot it is. I’m bringing my dad with me too.

Also I know @BamaBreeze and @sandrettorock are coming and a few from Huntsville.

what coms is everyone using? CB, GMRS, HAM? I pulled all mine out after coming back from CO to permanently install them all but haven't gotten around to it.

what coms is everyone using? CB, GMRS, HAM? I pulled all mine out after coming back from CO to permanently install them all but haven't gotten around to it.
I’ve got a handheld Baofeng HAM and I know Rosh just bought one for our last trip too. I know he has CB also.

I’ve got a handheld Baofeng HAM and I know Rosh just bought one for our last trip too. I know he has CB also.
I've got the same baofeng for when riding with someone with a HAM license but I dont have a HAM license. I only have a GMRS license, which only required a fee for a 10 year license, but no test. You dont need a license if using the handheld frs/gmrs radios. those are good little units, but the batteries and accessories die quickly in them.

I have a midland mxt400 GMRS radio
https://midlandusa.com/micromobile/
and a couple of handheld units i can bring.
https://midlandusa.com/product/gxt1000vp4/

I also have a cobra CB and K30 magnet antenna I slap on top when needed. I like the all in one handheld unit because it can be hidden when not used.
C 75 WX ST

Last edited:
We are in. Bringing the spouse. No com.

I've got the same for when riding with someone with a HAM license but I only have a GMRS license.
Bring it with you.

Also, I was thinking it may be fun to stop in at Back 40 Brewery in Gadsden on the way home to catch some of the Bama game.

See everyone at 8am tomorrow morning. We’ll be meeting at the McDonald’s in Trussville to convoy up there together. We’ll be meeting up with a few Huntsville guys off the exit in Ft Payne and then head to the trails.

McDonald's in Trussville off exit 141 (1111 N Chalkville Rd, Trussville, AL 35173)

Last edited:
Thanks for the invitation guys. It was nice to meet and wheel with you.

E99FE180-60E8-4087-9917-127DD4C38832.jpeg
4121FC55-63B9-4968-AE8F-647344F32DA9.jpeg
EDB55D31-FED8-40CC-BECF-F9A869AEA83B.jpeg
D8B211F0-B03E-4781-829E-2DB181FC6F4F.jpeg

B28EAB8E-F5B4-43E0-81C1-B947A13E9EAB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom