little help with text problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new here, but have noticed a few problems with how some text is shown on my computer. Instead of " is shows " and instead of & it shows &. There's also some other stuff I haven't deciphered yet. Do I have some settings that need changing? Thanks in advance.

Well, showed 'em right that time. WTF?

nah, it's just that we like to indulge in gibberish every so often, or we get bored...

Welcome to GibberLand!

I don't seem to have a problem...

Maybe try resetting your *(#$JF( MVIDhj iosd af&(fhvn ^&))2q2w4 TT&^6rtyfy%^ GHgfhjkhbllb T ^Rftyyt f RYT rt6777&&*TU.

Hope that fixes it!

Chip :)

You are most likely looking at archival posts. The board has undergone several upgrades in the last couple years and not all of the "smilies" and the attachments made it through the transitions. Old posts still contain the old code that did not make the transition.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks. BTW, which dealership do you work for, and do you have a personal stock of old parts?

Perfectly good question Mason....there is a help section that the Admin aka Woody answers...for next time.

a> CDan is spot on with his description....software changed from YaBB to vBulletin a little over a year ago, and those stupid characters showed up then....

b> http://www.ih8mud.com/ads.php - CDan's ad is on there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom