Lithium Ion vs Ni Cad Cordless tools. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm not really interested in brands per the other thread, but my Dewalt NiCad batteries are about done and I can upgrade to Li-Ion if I want to.

So anybody have any head to head comparison data? I know the Li-Ion's are more expensive, but are they really the shiznit? or would I also be overjoyed with new XRP NiCads?

Not sure on Dewalt Li Ions - my only experience has been with Hilti Li Ion and older ni cad tools - the weight savings and power are amazing with the Li Ion. Not too bueno in cold weather though :sad:

It is really a weight savings and more power with less voltage issue with the Li Ion. Those 18V XRP Nicads get heavy in your hand and bags all day long.

you would think that Li should be better, but amazingly in some CR reviews I read some time back on cordless tools, there were 1 or 2 NiCad that were beating the pants off many of the Li...

Probably Li is still better overall, though. Info on durability of the batteries? (I hate when the battery dies after a year and you're stuck with buying 1 that's 80% of the cost of the tool.... grrrr..... :mad: then again, good reasons to buy new tools... :D)

I have a full set of Mikata Cordless Li tools. Lots of power and lasts for a long time. Plus no memory issue like the Nicads. LI are superior batteries for anything over Nicad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom