Line-X'd my Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aloha from hawaii,
:banana:

not to commit the foul of resurrecting a super old thread,
but
:hmm:
did the measurements ever get produced? ....more specifically is there anyway i could get a copy of them ....
:D

cheers and compliments to the chef.

:flipoff2:

Just maybe.....

So I had my arm twisted in a great way this week and have been convinced to produce one more of my cargo systems.......

Which has led to a whole bunch of thoughts....

Do I sell the one I have now and build two while Im at it? One for my customer and one for myself?

Ok... That's a good idea, I have some changes I'd like to make anyway.

But wait, if I'm going to make two, why not make a few more at the same time and sell them? I am unemployed and could use all the cash I can get my hands on.

But do I have time to just focus on a project like this? Do I have space to do such a big job? The tools?

I think the answer to this all is YES!!!! I am officially putting it out there that I am going to make a batch of these over the next few months. The run will be limited and will require some patience on the customers side as I work out any kinks trying to produce these in quantity. I am NOT INTERESTED in shipping these yet. So you need to be local or willing to drive to me. I expect the turn around on these systems to be less then 90 days....

SO??

I will be pulling my current set up out my rig.... making templates and then selling it to help with start up funding. I will not be modifying this unit. It sells as is. I would entertain offers to take the items it is designed to use as well.... Meaning one price for the cargo system.... and different prices if you want the inverter, sub woofer box, amplifier, gun safe, etc.....

Starting price of my current, gently used, cargo system is $1600 OBO. I know its a lot of money but the craftsmanship and materials are all top notch. Very few systems out there and avail for purchase are this well built and this specific to your 80 series.

I will be posting it for sale in the classifieds as well...

I will also create a new thread taking orders for my first run. I will work with each customer on an individual basis to customize it to your needs. I understand we all have different ideas for what we want, I will do my best to incorporate them all for each order. I will be asking for a hefty downpayment. I need enough from each buyer to insure that you are deadly serious about the purchase and to pay for most of my materials, as I mentioned I am recently out of work and can't risk my families well being to spend the $$$$ on materials and just have it sit.

This is a work in progress.... let's get a conversation going and see where this goes...

Feel free to give feedback and suggestions.... I know the price is high and I'm not interested in hearing that over and over. If it's too high then don't buy. If you have a reasonable offer, PM me. But keep in mind there is easily $800 in materials per unit if I build to the same bulletproof level I did my prototype. And I am not doing these just for fun..... I need to feed my family and get ready for twins which we are expecting in October.

Oh, and to those asking for measurements..... My entire file that was created previously is gone. Lost. Deleted.... I dont know? Not to mention a falling out with the cabinet maker I was working with. So all I have to show for the job is the cabinet in my truck. I will be making a template when I pull it out but not sure about how to share that data yet....

Started making template....

Anyone else in??

No one interested?

I replied. But it was in a format I've never seen before. Must have been an error.

I am looking for a couple more customers to do these systems for. I figure my time is better spent making three or so at one time. I have one deal for sure. I plan to make a new one for myself. So I'd like atleast one more customer. Maybe two.

This means I am also selling the one in my rig now.

Weekend Bump

Still trying to find a buyer for this cabinet. Anyone interested??

Awesome build.

I think you could easily sell templates and plans of this build.

Nice work!

Awesome build.

I think you could easily sell templates and plans of this build.

Nice work!

YES! A template would be awesome. I'm confident I can make a decent drawer system, but a cut list or template would make it so much easier.

Templates are in the works. Not sure about cut list. Or how to go about selling these as I am trying to make a living selling the cabinets from my home shop.

Cabinet is still for sale. $1500 shipped to your nearest Forward Air terminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom