Lincoln Weld Pak 100 issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
I have a lincoln weld pak 100 ....had it for over 10 years....

its just not penetrating the steel as well as it used to...not really thick stuff either 1/16" and 1/8" stuff....just balling up on top and not penetrating

if i put the speed way down to practly nothing and have the arc volts on "D" it will weld 1/16"

where do i check 1st...transformer correct?

how many volts need to come out?

please excuse my bad welding grammer...i'm not the best at it by any means

Using gas or flux core?

Good question. Hopefully someone knows where to steer you, I'd like to know myself. Other than that, I would say a commercial/industrial welding supply usually has a service dept. Lincolns are good name brand products, and I would be surprised if it could not be repaired to like new.(i too have a shoe box 135 and would like to think that it will be maintainable/serviceable)Good luck!

Have you checked all of the connections on the ground wire? I know on my Weld Pak 100 if it has a poor ground it will weld like that.

Have you checked all of the connections on the ground wire? I know on my Weld Pak 100 if it has a poor ground it will weld like that.

Also, might want to check the voltage selector to make sure it is not covered with corrosion. Try moving the voltage control knob back and forth. Make sure you're NOT welding when you do this.

Hopefully it's something simple like a bad ground. FWIW I just converted my 100 to gas after many years with flux core, and what a difference in the weld. If your not welding alot outside it's something to consider.

i am in the process of cleaning the contacts....is the capacitor keep a charge or does it unpower at the end of a weld? :meh:

The cap should discharge in a few seconds. Wait about 30 seconds after power off.

There should be a resistor across the capacitor contacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom