Lift Support for rear hatch 91 fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know a source for the lift supports for the rear hatch of a 1991 fj80? I've now bought two pairs, and neither one is the proper one, despite the listings stating that they are the correct ones. One pair I bought off of Ebay, and the other pair off of Rockauto. Both are too short, therefore the hatch doesn't go all the way up. The stated extended length of the pair I bought on Rockauto is 16.28. With these, the hatch only goes up maybe 2/3 of the way. It's better than nothing, but I would really like the hatch to be able to go all of the way up. The ones that I need have to have the sockets at each end, as opposed to the brackets. Thank you in advance.

Thanks for responding.

Did the ones you replaced have the ball and socket ends, or the brackets like the ones in the listing you sent?

Mine had brackets-here’s some pics

6D6887EA-F48B-4AC6-AF5B-78ED3577B82D.jpeg

66C91AF5-C87C-4D76-9CE7-260E2E6946D4.jpeg

Try your local Toyota dealer

:idea:

@Quatervois

Here's some links to compare prices. If just ordering two hatch supports might be easier to get them from your local dealer. Bring the part numbers from the links into the parts department if you go the local route

Last edited:
@Quatervois

Here's some links to compare prices. If just ordering two hatch supports
might be easier to get them from your local dealer. Bring the part numbers from the links into the parts department if you go the local route

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom