License Plate Light Bulb Replacment - What Am I Missing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced my license plate bulbs with LED since one was burned out- does anyone think they are too bright?
A30589AA-897D-42D2-869E-4C3AB57BD715.jpeg

They look a bit bright. What did you use?
I just took mine out to clean them [LX470] and the User manual was useless - Take the vehicle to a dealer immediately!!! Wonder how much that would have cost.
I also looked up my Haynes Toyota Land Cruiser manual and their instructions were wrong [told me to pull from the rear and down.] That would have just broken the clips. The LX470 is exactly the same as the LC instructions here. Slide the light towards the side of the vehicle, slip a lever [preferably plastic] under the side nearest the centre of the vehicle and it pops out.

I was scratching my head trying to figure this out today too! 2006 LC. Will try it later and post back!

they push to one side and pop out. I forgot which side sorry but try pushing one way or the other. it will shift a bit.

i replaced mine with these
i had to pop off the the clear part to get it to fit though.

i've used these 194/168 bulbs in other locations but haven't tried it in the license plate area so not sure if they are too long

So it's like @Pinittowinit said. Push the lens away from the camera, towards the tail lights. The lens will slide about 3/8". At the end of the slide pull the corner of the lens out to pivot the lens out of the hole in the upper tailgate.

Exactly as depicted in the manual. If only every replacement was this easy.
I agree! Clever design indeed
Yes, I agree as well, but while were on the subject of LC 100 lights, obviously the same two persons didn't design the number plate lights and the upper third brake light, what a bad design that is. :(:D

i broke one of the bulb holders taking mine out today. it's real easy to take them off once you've seen where the clips are, and they're cheap to replace if you screw up. the part i broke was like 2 bucks from SpringHill Toyota so no dramas.

@Jrtaylor What Bulbs are you using for yours?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom