Lexus LX570 snorkel/raised air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They don't man, they're only available as a special import, something like that black thing is around the 150 thousand AUD mark imported and taxes paid lol.

Theyr'e still pretty rare hence me having taken a photo lol

They don't man, they're only available as a special import, something like that black thing is around the 150 thousand AUD mark imported and taxes paid lol.

Theyr'e still pretty rare hence me having taken a photo lol
Makes sense.

Here new dealers can't seem to give them away. Locally there is $5,000 rebate. I can get a double cab 5.7L AWD with long bed for $29,500 US

yep, its definately a nice piece of the world!

I really need to get out wheeling and get some better pics of my beast

I was wondering about this since the passenger front fender is slightly cut differently because of differences in headlight shape.

On the snorkel, yes I used the supplied template and yes the holes all seemed to be in the right spot. Of course without drilling the main hole,you cannot real assess the snorkel for suitability because you cannot hold it against the guard. It was a huge leap of faith on my part to start drilling my new to me LX with a 114mm holesaw!

Because of the difference in the guard profile, the snorkel needed to be heated gently and the body crease that starts just behind the headlight was impressed into the rear front edge. The guard area behind the snorkel copped some denting to shape, the area of the guard at the very top edge of the snorkel needed to be pulled outwards to match the snorkel. Once bolted up, the top of the snorkel also was a couple of inches form the A pillar, so with some more gentle heating and a ratchet strap I pulled it back in again.

Re. bar, the uprights on the Summit are slimmer so shouldn't interfere with the grille, the MY16 model's nose (grille) sticks our further. I'm hoping this will be similar to the LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom