Let's Talk Mobile Radios... UHF and Multi-band (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5R+ https://baofeng.s3.amazonaws.com/Ba...ries User Manual_Digital Version_20201023.pdf
5R EX https://baofeng-uv-5rex.s3.amazonaws.com/Baofeng UV-5R EX User Manual_Version 2.0.pdf

Quick look, the 5R EX has a few extra features, I would get the EX.

Regarding the Midland, now I remember trying to get this radio to work at Fall Crawl. Getting the Midland radio to talk to the CLCC Motorola radios, here is the channel plan. So a CLCC radio on simplex channel 1 or repeater channel 2 with a 100.0 Hertz CTCSS squelch code would be talking to a Midland radio on simplex channel 15 or repeater channel RP15 with a CTCSS 12 squelch code. All the rest of the channels would be DPL/DCS 612 for the Motorola CLCC radios and DCS 68 for the Midland radios.

CTCSS = Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System. PL (Private Line) is Motorola's trade name for CTCSS. DCS is Digital Coded Squelch. DPL (Digital Private Line) is Motorola's trade name for DCS.

channels.jpg

From the Midland manual, here is the info regarding the repeater channels.

Repeater 1.jpg

Here is the info for setting the squelch codes. Note: "Privacy" is misleading. While in coded squelch mode, received audio will only be passed to the speaker when the proper code is received. A radio in "carrier squlech" mode will hear any signal it receives. So if I am in carrier squelch mode, I will be able to hear what you are saying when you are in "privacy" mode. While at a Boy Scout camp we were listening to the senior scout leaders (teenagers) bash everyone, they thought they were in privacy mode. On the last day we mentioned to them some of the things we heard them talking about. The look on their faces was priceless.

programming codes 1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Note to self:

Figure out how to invest in, currently, free radio frequencies.
Step 1: but a terrestrial broadcast TV station.
Step 2: profit from being in the "not broadcasting terrestrial TV" business.

Enjoy your free radio frequencies. The FCC just auctioned off 280 megahertz of spectrum in the 3.7-3.98 GHz band to the cellular industry for $80.9 Billion.
What's that for? 6G???

I haven't worked in Telco since the late 90's... I only remember 800MHz and CDMA. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom