Lending tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stevebradford

In the shop
Threads
My list of tools I don’t mind lending. Please return
- Toyota knuckle tool
- Toyota full float rear hub nut tool
- I have a thousand dollars worth of taps, die’s.
- large sockets over one inch
- Concrete drill with bits
- router bits
- flare fitting wrench’s

More to add
20C52542-9E7C-4AE7-B4F1-96AD0A42E50D.jpeg

02A9A27A-B916-4BAD-BBF3-8A9DF54E4939.jpeg
1126962D-C478-40AA-98B5-BB2D2A3BDBC9.jpeg

C1213E80-335D-44E0-9DED-E731E46F015B.jpeg

Last edited:
There goes the old saying “If you don’t ask to borrow my tools, I won’t ask to borrow your wife”
This is very generous of you, thank you very much!
Graham has a transfer case lifting deck I made for a floor jack to help with t case removals.

Well seeing as we're being charitable, I have an engine hoist, belongs to @Toshi38 actually, I've just been storing it for a decade or so :lol:

Trying to think of other useful s*** I have around... probably lots if the amount of floor space I'm missing is any indication. :bang:

I have some some stuff I can lend too. Quality coil spring compressing kit, quality harmonic balancer puller kit, various other pullers/separators, big sockets, engine stand, etc. Basically everything I've needed to perform all service/repair needs of every car I've owned in the last 20 years!

Suppose I can ad the 5' metal brake I made for my box sides to the list. It does radius corners so if you need sharp creases it's not the one you want, but it works ok within reason.

Does this
IMG_20200228_110053.jpg

Also have a bigass planer. I forget it's exact capacity but something like 16"x 12" or so. If anyone wants some beams or rough planks smoothed out. It's a monster, too big to move, so bring beer if you want to use it.

Last time I used it the sawdust pile could be seen from space. (Seriously, it's still on Google Earth :lol: )

are those jet and mac brands a real step up from mastercrap?

I freaking hate the ones I have, can feel the points spreading when you have to use a bit of force. End up using my knipex pliers or a mini pipe wrench on the really stuck ones. (so they'll be nice and round for you when you buy the truck off the widow :lol:)

I'd buy the best freakin' m10 and m11 combo one out there if one was actually significantly better and not just a different label on the same s***.

A few years ago I'd heard there was only one foundry making wrenches in the states, in Dayton or somewhere?

Apparently you could go there and buy "factory seconds" and every brand name you could think of would be on them.

Otherwise identical.:rolleyes:

Can’t recommend the Mac more they are awesome.

The jet are exactly as you describe I have even hammered them closed after they opened up, superspreaders..
FF19265E-2ADE-457B-B12D-F57D5F7480FF.jpeg

Ha, there's a considerably worse looking super spreader out there. Kindof orange, apparently smells like a loaded diaper.

Just had a look at the snap-on website, fawkers don't do a 10-11.

9-11 and a 10-12...so you have to buy two. Tho the one that's flare on one end and open the other might be handy.

Some of my bleeder screws are 11mm, but otherwise everything is 10, so I only really use that 10-11 one that I've bend so I can get it on a bleeder screw without taking off the tires. :bang:

I'll have a browse for Mac

I’ve been to Kenosha, WI Last home of Snap-On. Was all excited for factory tour,
they don’t make any tools any more in the US. Not sure who if anyone does.
I use ViceGrips on all my fittings, to break them free initially. After that I just use regular
wrench. Never had any luck with any of those flare wrenches.

View attachment 2475990
Hopefully years from now when I buy your cruiser to feed to my cannibal cruisers all the brake line fittings won’t be rounded over.

You’ll get my cruiser over my dead body... and even then you’ll have to fight my four children for it... although one would sell it to you in a heartbeat.

If need be I’ll through you scraps of the cruiser carcasses I’ve got lying around. I think I’ve only got bits and pieces of 3-4 in the parts piles... unlike my 40 which I lost count of donors somewhere around 36. That’s assuming that different parts from the same truck haven’t been reunited when they were bolted onto my ‘74 cowl/windshield/doors. Back when Millstream Auto Wrecking had 40s, even the most picked over cruiser had more left than what’s left of the ‘74 I bought in ‘91. 😁

I’ve been to Kenosha, WI Last home of Snap-On. Was all excited for factory tour,
they don’t make any tools any more in the US. Not sure who if anyone does.
I use ViceGrips on all my fittings, to break them free initially. After that I just use regular
wrench. Never had any luck with any of those flare wrenches.
Best thing I've found for those really stuck ones is the mini pipe wrench. 6-8" long.

Although now I tend to use the 10" knipex if I can get it to fit. Doesn't carve up the nut so much.

I'd be interested to try a better flare nut wrench than the piece of s*** mastercraft I have, to see if it's really that much better, but at 60+ bucks each for the boutique brands, I think I can probably live with the knipex and my s***ty one.

That 10” Knipex cost $60? But so many more uses.

Bump for the seeker of a Center ING tool.

I hate auto correct!

I’ll need to remember Bradford’s tap & die collection when I’m building my fuel filter/sump. :D

I’ve also got a miter saw that looks just like this one if anyone needs to borrow it.
13DDBD54-7764-4474-A26F-FD067BC13BA7.jpeg

I’ve been mostly using it for aluminum lately. For the time being I’ve got a sliding one that could be borrowed… for now (I’m going to sell it one of these days). No cutting people with them!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom