Left the reservation...kinda (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I am back in God's Country(Jackson Hole) and so is my LV. It is much happier out in this dry air than the salty stuff on the beach in Florida. It has only taken a little while, but I have started re-acquiring 4x4s. This time I have "left the reservation", so to speak. I found an awesome 74 bronco ...all original with 44,000 original miles. It is by no means a Landcruiser, but the GF loves it. her father had two growing up and she has now parked her "nice" car and has driven the Bronco daily since it arrived. Amazing how inexpensive parts are for this thing. kind of a nice change. I don't expect I will change my loyalty from being a Toyota guy anytime soon.
BroncoLv.jpg

also a EB fan, uncut rear fenders....nice!!!!

jack, stamped "landcruiser" bezel is hanging on garage wall until I adjust headlights. front caps are also in garage....just finished putting in new front axle seals, greasing knuckles and putting on new birfield ball sweeps....felt/rubber gaskets.

what a beaut!

Amazing how inexpensive parts are for this thing. kind of a nice change. I don't expect I will change my loyalty from being a Toyota guy anytime soon.View attachment 1064485

Besides the fact the 45LV in this body style were done in 67 Toyota hasn't helped either, according to CDan by 79 Toyota was already dropping pre 3/69 from the parts system. Other manufacturers seeing the advantage of their old vehicles still being on the road but not Toyota. One of the reasons I sold my 45LV years ago. That and cut wheel wells and too many other projects. That is a very nice looking EB, always like the 1st generation, but not the larger one and Bronco II which never cared for.

Is there a story about the moves? Would have to be a real good reason for leaving the mountains of WY and moving to flat land.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom