LED Replacemnet bulbs for LC100 (2002) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Suggestions on quality LED bulb replacements for a 2002 LC100. Im sure this has been asked many times but have not been able to find the previous discussion. Any help is appreciated!

You probably searched “quality” and that’s why no results were returned.

Unless you are doing a complete LED retrofit with the correct projectors, please save the eyes of other drivers and just get some good halogen bulbs.

Suggestions on quality LED bulb replacements for a 2002 LC100. Im sure this has been asked many times but have not been able to find the previous discussion. Any help is appreciated!
Are you asking about headlights, dash, dome lights? something else?

I tried a couple of LED's and they both sucked. And blinded everyone else. I am running a set of HID's right now, and they don't blind people. but are not much better than the Hella high wattage bulbs that I started with which also sucked slightly less than regular halogens.

Conclusion - the sock headlights suck compared to modern headlights (understanding that they are 25 years old, of course) and as suggested above I will eventually move to projectors. They are glass and look awesome during the day, so there is that. :cool:

Unless you are doing a complete LED retrofit with the correct projectors, please save the eyes of other drivers and just get some good halogen bulbs.
Thanks man…..will do

Are you asking about headlights, dash, dome lights? something else?
Headlights, turn signals, running lights…

Had a bulb go out on a running light and placed a license plate led I had laying around and it was a huge difference.

My comment was only directed at the low beam headlights. The rest of my lights are LED's from Amazon - all of my markers/signals//interior/etc. All whatever was cheap at the time. I know that there is a quality difference, but I have used cheap LEDs for those "non mission critical" lights for several years in all of my vehicles. with no issues and is a signal blows far from home, the worst that I have to do is spend 10 minutes at a parts store replacing it.

My comment was only directed at the low beam headlights. The rest of my lights are LED's from Amazon - all of my markers/signals//interior/etc. All whatever was cheap at the time. I know that there is a quality difference, but I have used cheap LEDs for those "non mission critical" lights for several years in all of my vehicles. with no issues and is a signal blows far from home, the worst that I have to do is spend 10 minutes at a parts store replacing it.
Love it. Great idea. Thanks…I’ll be checking AZN

I have a 2002 LX470 and I'm running Lasfit LEDs (bought through Amazon) in my low beams, corner lights, fog lights, reverse lights, tail lights, and interior lights. The reverse lights and interior lights are stupid bright. The tail lights are a good improvement over stock brightness. The low beams and fog lights are better than stock, but they're not great for light output, they do look good though.

This is the only picture I have on my phone of the color temp of the lasfits (6000K). The foglights have been changed, the headlgihts and corner lights are still stock.

If you're looking for an alternative, the Auxito LEDs seem to be in the same cost range (maybe a few dollars cheaper) and quality range of the Lasfit's.

IMG_0845.jpg

I got Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 low beam bulbs in November and have been pretty happy with them. The lighting for night driving is much better. I drive a good amount on 2-lane highways at night and nobody has flashed me to dim my lights yet. This video has some other recommended LEDs:

No, the cutoff isn't as clean as a good projector retrofit. But the lighting is significantly improved over the stock halogen lights without dazzling oncoming traffic. My 2017 Civic with OEM LED headlights had much worse glare for oncoming traffic than my Land Cruiser with the Morimoto LEDs.

Photo of the light output with the Morimotos:
PXL_20240109_050031631.jpg

I have a 2002 LX470 and I'm running Lasfit LEDs (bought through Amazon) in my low beams, corner lights, fog lights, reverse lights, tail lights, and interior lights. The reverse lights and interior lights are stupid bright. The tail lights are a good improvement over stock brightness. The low beams and fog lights are better than stock, but they're not great for light output, they do look good though.

This is the only picture I have on my phone of the color temp of the lasfits (6000K). The foglights have been changed, the headlgihts and corner lights are still stock.

If you're looking for an alternative, the Auxito LEDs seem to be in the same cost range (maybe a few dollars cheaper) and quality range of the Lasfit's.

View attachment 3568462
Thanks Terry. I’ll check them out and pick up some to start some replacements. Mine are all still original and just burned out one for the first time.

I installed “Sealights” in Aaron about 3 months ago. Hi, Lo, and backups. They are quite impressive.

If you block the squirrel blinders (which are the absolute dumbest thing I've ever seen put on a production car) the stock projectors are fine with LEDs, can always adjust them down a hair if you really think they're going to blind folks. It's not going to be as good as a retrofit with new projectors, but it's a lot better than the stock headlights.

Completely disagree with bashing LED, and claiming they are blinding.

Don't buy an Amazon special. Don't buy a "name brand" highly marked up Amazon special.

I have ran this bulb in five different vehicles over the last ten years. The big feature is the clockable engagement ring. You adjust the alignment to ensure the diode's face horizontally, not vertical or otherwise. You can even use the garage wall, and dip your drivers side outer lower to further negate engaging the vehicle in front of you.

Good tech is good, bad tech is bad, old tech is old. LED / HID(projectors) / Halogen.

I got Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 low beam bulbs in November and have been pretty happy with them. The lighting for night driving is much better. I drive a good amount on 2-lane highways at night and nobody has flashed me to dim my lights yet. This video has some other recommended LEDs:

No, the cutoff isn't as clean as a good projector retrofit. But the lighting is significantly improved over the stock halogen lights without dazzling oncoming traffic. My 2017 Civic with OEM LED headlights had much worse glare for oncoming traffic than my Land Cruiser with the Morimoto LEDs.

Photo of the light output with the Morimotos:
View attachment 3568668

all these "reviews" should be taken with much scepticism...as their picks are somehow the products they sell....hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom