LED dome and cargo lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Installed George's new LED modules in the dome and cargo lights. I had his earlier module in my 80, loved the output and low power draw. The new ones in the 100 are awesome - so much brighter than the dim, yellow standard bulbs.

Buy them here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/257813-new-led-dome-modules-4.html

George is a great guy and has done some great innovations for Cruisers.

LED vs. standard and then both with LEDs.
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG

Last edited:
Just what I wanted to see. I've got LEDs everywhere else, going to order me a set of em. Thanks for the pix

I used the older original style boards he made for the 80 Series (took 'em out of my 80 when I sold it) and stuck them in the 100. Vast improvement, and they fit fine. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

loud where do you get all the other led's for the interior? and do you know what the model numbers and which ones they go in?

what exact model number led's do you have to order to replace what bulbs in the interior of the cab. i would like to swap out all of mine with led's. but i have no clue which ones i need. thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
TM...are these the ones that are priced $30.00?

Bwbski, they're 194 wedge base everywhere else(front map/doors/licenseplate). I had a hard time finding bright white ones but a shop in queens on northern blvd has some from japan that are awesome.

Yep. May seem spendy for a little light, but it's much better light inside and cheap insurance for something stupid that can kill your battery.

Donno about yours but if you leave the lights on for a while and don't open/close doors it will automatically kick off. Forget the actual time period but it's not long enough to kill the battery, or even drain it much.

Donno about yours but if you leave the lights on for a while and don't open/close doors it will automatically kick off. Forget the actual time period but it's not long enough to kill the battery, or even drain it much.

Some time from now you'll have kids. Those kids will dink with every switch in your car. They will move the dome switch from "door", where it turns off automatically, to "on". Your future wife won't notice this. You won't be aware of it until she asks you why the truck won't start.

TM, install doesnt look to difficulut. but just incase howd it go??? Thanks

If you're unable to change a light bulb in your home, do not attempt this.

By the time I have kids the cars will recognize the owners fingerprint and probably DNA, allowing me to restrict changing settings to certain people(ie:me). Also by then the 6000 series cruiser will be able to offroad in places no 80 or 100 could go...since it will hover

sorry in advance for being stupid but where is the link to purchase these bulbs is it the ebay link? or the led link? I followed the led link and it just goes to bulbs???

Personal experience is a little different than a few pictures. A little help or info would be great. But if thats too much dont hurt yourself.

Personal experience is a little different than a few pictures. A little help or info would be great. But if thats too much dont hurt yourself.

Cory is just saying that it's as easy as changing a light bulb.

Pop off the plastic diffuser, remove the original bulb. Clip in the new LED module. Pop the plastic diffuser back in place. Job done.

My recommendation is to have the the doors shut and the original bulb cold before trying to pry it out with your fingers - otherwise you will burn your finger tips on the hot glass or end tips.

With the large number of my old style LED modules installed in 60 and 80 series (and a few 100 series) it would appear that most folk find the installation reasonably easy :)

cheers,
george.

Thanks George!! That's what I was looking for! Looked like there was a little more to just putting in a bulb. Intalled quite a few in the houshold and car, so I guess it shouldn't be hard. thanks fir the advice monkey :rolleyes:.

I'll be PMing you George. Thanks for the help!

r i missin a link to buy this bulb ?
i think i sent a pm but im a fool and may have f(*&^ it up.
looks way cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom