Leather Rejuvenation - Your Methods ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mister clean magic eraser sponge and water. Give it a try!

Trick I picked up on a BMW forum. Worked great on our home furniture and our 325xi as well.

saddle soap works wonders too, pick it up at your local tack shop

I would say . .there is no miracle solution for your old hard cracked leather .. no other than new leather. You can clean and take care but certanly have a limited life span ..

My leather has almost no cracks. It is hard as cardboard in some places, but others (back of the head rests) it is still soft.

I'm thinking the Leatherique is the way to go.

try the eraser........

Then condition afterward with your favorite leather conditioner

Leatherique is the best I have ever used to date. Works wonders...you may need a few applications but it will turn your hard / cardboard leather back to supple soft leather again.

Don't freak out the first time you use it. Leatherique conditioner pulls all the nasty stuff out of the leather that other people have applied. If they used any petroleum based or cheap products ... you will know right away. The seats looked like hell after all the toxins came out of it ... but one wipe down with their leather cleaner took care of that.

It took a few treatements over the course of two weeks to bring my leather back ... but it worked amazingly well. Highly recommended based on personal experience.

I would say . .there is no miracle solution for your old hard cracked leather .. no other than new leather. You can clean and take care but certanly have a limited life span ..

Believe it or not, leatherique will totally restore dirty, dry hard leather. Nothing will really repair a crack but leatherique makes liquid filler that is pretty flexible and pretty reliable. HTH. :cheers:

griotsgarage.com leather rejuvenator is good. it's relatively inexpensive and works well.

Believe it or not, leatherique will totally restore dirty, dry hard leather. Nothing will really repair a crack but leatherique makes liquid filler that is pretty flexible and pretty reliable. HTH. :cheers:

I already do a big bottle on my cruiser .. maybe my leather was diying .. but nothing avoid the cracks in my seat ..

Now I take care of my rears and save some money to order a newleather for the front ..

Leatherique to clean and Obenauf's LP to maintain.

Bic 4

I use Bic 4 Leather Conditioner from a tack shop for my boots and for my FZJ.

Just saves having multiple bottles of cleaners/conditioners around. I haven't used anything else so I don't have a comparison...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom