Leaking intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would the symptoms be if my intake wasn't totally sealed? I replaced a broken exhaust manifold and have not been able to get the engine to run since then. I figure that there are 2 reasons it's not running, either the manifold is allow air to leak in or when I pulled the carb (just laid it on it's side on the valve cover) some gunk loosened up and clogged something. Right now it will start if I pump it 5 or 6 times, then give it full throtle once it fires. It will not idle. It's a 74 F engine. Thanks :'( Lane

You could easily have a vacuum leak. I assume you used new gaskets when you put it back togther? Do you have a vacuum gauge? There is an old trick to check for leaks. It requires that you spray the area where the manifold attaches to the head with carb spray and see if the engine smooths out or runs differently. That can be a dangerous thing to do with a hot motor. spray penetrating oil or some such other stuff would probably work and be less flamable.

Paging Gumby......What say ye Gummer.

Re:Leaking intake/ update

:D pulled the manifolds off and doubled them up (used the old one, and a sealer) started right up and ran fine! Thanks for everyones ideas! :D
Lane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom