LC shop in Medford/Ashland area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a novice when it comes to auto work but I consider myself pretty capable as long as I have the time to figure out what I'm doing. I did my own work on my 2001 Tacoma that I sadly just got rid of but this is a bit of a different beast to get my head around.

Just after I bought the LX we moved out of our house, drove from MN to ME then to OR. We moved into our new house, started new jobs, kids starting new schools, etc.

I've had steering rack replaced, charcoal canister, spark plugs, flushed trans/diffs/steering/brake fluids, water pump, timing belt, serpentine, pulleys/tensioners/hoses/brackets/etc. and axle seal. Also added 33" ko2s. I had to shop out all the work because I was just too busy and traveling and had no time, but I regret having to do it. I feel like I missed some great opportunities to get familiar with my truck. Also it's cost me a fortune so far. Anyway, now that we're getting settled I'm hoping to tackle the remainder myself as long as it doesn't become urgent/major safely concern. It is my DD.

Thanks for the tip retrofive. I do prefer to stay out from under the truck as much as possible while the wheels are spinning.

I sent you a pm. Feel free to swing by and I'll help you diagnose it. Nothing that 3 or 4 beers can't figure out. At least then you can budget for it and get the parts ordered. Beer makes everything easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom