Late-model dome light lens? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chupacabra
Threads
Was working on my seat belts yesterday and accidentally bumped my dome light, and the lens literally crumbled. Too long baking in the Texas heat; can't wait to get my house finished so I can park it in a garage once again. Anyway, my research here leads me to believe that the lens / cover is NLA. City Racer has the OEM complete light for $46, I guess I should just buy one of those while I still can. Before I do, does anyone know of a source for just the lens? Cruiser Corps sells the early one but not the late.

OEM Dome Light for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 - https://www.cityracerllc.com/products/toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-dome-light-fits-9-1973-1984?variant=31897963534

That is the 9/73-10/81 room light in the US market. Wish the 10/81-9/83 room light was still available. Those were the late 40 series room lights. My one lens is still in decent shape wish I had access to a 3D printer to make a coupe replacement lens.
PXL_20230903_203337319.jpg

Was working on my seat belts yesterday and accidentally bumped my dome light, and the lens literally crumbled. Too long baking in the Texas heat; can't wait to get my house finished so I can park it in a garage once again. Anyway, my research here leads me to believe that the lens / cover is NLA. City Racer has the OEM complete light for $46, I guess I should just buy one of those while I still can. Before I do, does anyone know of a source for just the lens? Cruiser Corps sells the early one but not the late.

OEM Dome Light for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 - https://www.cityracerllc.com/products/toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-dome-light-fits-9-1973-1984?variant=31897963534
Odd Iron Off Road probably stocks them among their inventory of LED products.

Maybe you could cast one in plastic like that guy did for the 73 back up light lens. Or just use a thermoplastic and heat gun to "form" one. I think the one on my 72 might be intact enough to work for a reproduction lens.

I modeled it up the "mid years" version in CAD, pretty simple 3D print...the early trapezoid style was also modeled.

I don't know of the 81+ version yet, but likely pretty similar so easy enough most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom