Late 90's Prado rims on an FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if late model (late 90's) 16 inch OEM factory steel wheels (6 lug) off a Prado will fit on my 1988 FJ62. I am having the hardest time finding good quality tires to fit my 15" rims and may upgrade if the 16s would fit. In particular, the backspacing concerns me, but also wonder about clearance while turning. Anyone running this combo?

Thanks in advance,
Jason :)

Hola,
I just bought but haven't picked up my new 16 inch rims. Toyota steelies.
see this thread
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=43439&highlight=bj44

on post #10 is the part number I used. 80 CAD each. I bought 5.

I pick them up tomorrow. But now to buy a good tire. Thinking Toyo M-55 in the 255/85R16. Commercial tire with excellent grip. Or I will go with a 235/85R16. Possibly a Bridgestone vsx tough use tire.

I aggree the best tires are in 16 inch size. I run mostly rough roads which are gravel. With lots of tire slicing rocks on them. Need tough. No super soft swampers for me. Melt in 10k.

Good luck.

Hi Brownbear,

Thanks for the reply. Cash was slim, so I avoided buying the rims. I ended up finding 31X10.5/15 BFG AT KO's for the price I'd pay in the US, so I went for them. Got 'em mounted and balanced today and am happy. I didn't realize how worn the old meats were until I compared them with the new ones. Even salvaged a much better spare from the old set.

One Q I had though, My old spare had a bunch of water in it. I have crossed a bunch of rivers in the last 6 months. Would that do it?

Cheers,
Jason

How much is a bunch? I would suspect when you filled up air somewhere they had a lot of water in the air tank, and you got it all. otherwise condensation maybe? but I think getting water in from an air fill is the most likely.

If you want to see my 16" rims for interest sake check out the Toyo tire thread. The pic is near the end.

Good you got your tires sorted. Always a nice feeling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom