Landcruiser 80 buying (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning all

New here so if this is posted in the wrong area I do apologise

I'm looking at getting a landcruiser 80 1991vx import at the weekend, found one I like and is very clean, just a couple of questions

What makes a vx a vx? As from what I've been reading it's leather seats, heated seats and fridge centre of the front seats?

Also he is saying its a snow edition?

It has a vx badge on the back but when I check it doesn't come up on the reg checker as a vx? And doesn't have vx wrote down the rear doors should I stay clear?

Thanks Scott
received_772961749960140.jpeg
received_678466109753129.jpeg
received_371618977588990.jpeg

Last edited:
What makes a vx a vx? As from what I've been reading it's leather seats, heated seats and fridge centre of the front seats?

In the US the VX designation, Sahara etc. were never offered so I can't make any comments as to what options/features those trim levels have.
However based on the pictures you have posted that vehicle has cloth seats, no seat heaters as the control switches would occupy two of the four coin holders in the center console. The center console is the base trim console with one compartment and no fridge.

What ^ said is correct. It looks like a nice cruiser, if you want a land cruiser, this looks like a nice one. Get a look at the underside for rust, same thing for the doors. If it's rust free or close, then it's at least a contender. Seat heaters are nice, but you can add them if you want. The fridge, yea, cool, but not necessary. Easy to add a real cooler. Good luck.

Ask for the VIN, put it on toyoDIY and you will know if it was factory VX or not.
I think VX or not VX is not that important, check for rust and a healthly engine+drive line, these are the cruical factors.

Thanks for the replys, I got a vin and checked it and is a vx as stated , it is clean underneath to be honest, what kind of money would you lot think this is worth?

That really depends on your location also. I think in the UK compared to EU there are more nice 12 and 24 valve 80s to choose from. Do some searching but from what I remember they go between 5-10k Depending condition, if they are stock. How much they are asking for this?
Oh, if you buy this one and sell the tire carrier, hit me up :)

That really depends on your location also. I think in the UK compared to EU there are more nice 12 and 24 valve 80s to choose from. Do some searching but from what I remember they go between 5-10k Depending condition, if they are stock. How much they are asking for this?
Oh, if you buy this one and sell the tire carrier, hit me up :)

He wants 10.5k? with 200 thousand km on it, immaculate undenith not a patch of rust anywhere and it's the 12v 1hdt engine...

Damn, if I was in the UK, I'd buy it out from under you in a minute. If you don't get it, someone else will and they'll be happy they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom