Land Cruiser vs Cyber Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bulletproof, stainless steel, mars truck
Blade Runner

Can someone please bring me back to my senses? Thank you in advance.

Haha oh man here we go. I say go for it, you need both!

PS. How funny was it both windows break during the demo and he has to present the rest of the show looking all sad.

Whats the difference between unibody vs body on frame construction?

I agree I need both. This looks like its meant for war.

1. How can this be sold profitably with an air suspension and stainless steel construction at 40k (Made in the China factory)?

2. Here's some renders of the Tesla Truck. Way, way off. Keep this in mind for the 300 series revealed thread.

dT57Bh6.jpg

tesla-pickup-truck-right-rear-tailgate-open.jpg

Last edited:
Haha oh man here we go. I say go for it, you need both!

PS. How funny was it both windows break during the demo and he has to present the rest of the show looking all sad.

Not a great idea for a demo.

Some good ideas, nonetheless. It's about time to see stainless steel integrated into trucks.

One word: Fugly. To the nth degree.

But, the specs are incredible. 500 miles range. Off-road angles. 3 motors. That interior. Strong as hell Stainless steel. Strong glass. Towing capacity. All for $70k...that’s almost a bargain.

Last edited:
So I assume this is the camper of choice for it...

5da2b0d62d9f781fd05a415a[1].jpg

I was thinking about the $40k version + autopilot. Im also holding out for a VW microbus.

Last edited:
That was a surprise. Shock? Kept waiting for Elon to the joke and reveal the real design. Not my cup of tea on design, but trying to understand the technicalities.

From a stats POV, this truck absolutely kills it. When compared to Rivian, really shows how much farther Tesla is ahead.

Comparing the mid-grade 300+ mile variants Tesla to Rivian (% delta):
$50k to $80k (60% cheaper)
250 kw to 170 kw charging (47% faster)
6 seats to 5 seats
6.5' ft to 4.5' bed (40% longer)
16" to 14.1" ground clearance (13% more clearance)
14k lbs to 11k lbs towing (27% more towing)
3,350lbs to 1,760lbs payload (90% more payload)

If that's not a kill, I don't know what is. This doesn't even speak to the material choice potential advantages like durability and corrosion resistance.

Or potential drawbacks if one is focused on design... Trying to wrap my head around it. The choice of material they picked - hardened cold rolled stainless steel - is a unique one. Perhaps they thought there were enough advantages and reasons to go this route. Choosing a material like this dictated the flat angular motif.

Fully hardened steel has poor formability. It is hardened with low ductility. Metals like these aren't very conducive to stamping or being drawn into shapes.

Which dictates its aesthetic design.

If there's a plus side, the design language is not far from the aftermarket plate bumpers and parts that share these angular features?

Last edited:
That was a surprise. Shock? Kept waiting for Elon to the joke and reveal the real design. Not my cup of tea on design, but trying to understand the technicalities.

From a stats POV, this truck absolutely kills it. When compared to Rivian, really shows how much farther Tesla is ahead.

Comparing the mid-grade 300+ mile variants Tesla to Rivian (% delta):
$50k to $80k (60% cheaper)
250 kw to 170 kw charging (47% faster)
6 seats to 5 seats
6.5' ft to 4.5' bed (40% longer)
16" to 14.1" ground clearance (13% more clearance)
14k lbs to 11k lbs towing (27% more towing)
3,350lbs to 1,760lbs payload (90% more payload)

If that's not a kill, I don't know what is. This doesn't even speak to the material choice potential advantages.

Or potential drawbacks if one is focused on design... Trying to wrap my head around it. The choice of material they picked - hardened cold rolled steel - is a unique one. Perhaps they thought there were enough advantages and reasons to go this route. Choosing a material like this dictated the angular design.

Fully hardened steel has poor formability. It is hardened with low ductility. Metals like these aren't very conducive to stamping or being drawn into shapes.

Which dictates its aesthetic design.

If there's a plus side, the design language is not far from the aftermarket plate bumpers and parts that share these angular features?

it looks good cause you believe everything Musk is saying. Remember the 35K Model 3? Neither does anyone else cause it never materialized.

It amazes me people just swallow up the nonsense Musk spews, hook, line and sinker. His own demo was a failure "Shatterproof" windows both broke during his demo. But hey, everything else was right on............

it looks good cause you believe everything Musk is saying. Remember the 35K Model 3? Neither does anyone else cause it never materialized.

It amazes me people just swallow up the nonsense Musk spews, hook, line and sinker. His own demo was a failure "Shatterproof" windows both broke during his demo. But hey, everything else was right on............

So, you think Rivian is more believable?

Musk may be horrible with timelines (when things get produced) and claiming more than real world in terms of self driving..........BUT, in terms of specs and acceleration numbers (on his other cars), Musk has been quite spot on i think.

Do you remember that time in band camp when Toyota gave a stupid a$$ explanation why their $50k truck still has DRUM ***KING BRAKES????!!!

With some help from Google.....IMHO for the design.

abominable
awful
beastly
crappy
creepy
cruddy
crummy
detestable
distasteful
foul
grody
gross
gruesome
hideous
icky
loathsome
lousy
nasty
nauseating
odious
offensive
raunchy
repugnant
repulsive
revolting
rotten
scuzzy
sickening
skanky
sleazy
stinking
vile
vulgar
yecchy

You should open your eyes a bit. The $35k Model 3 has been available for awhile now.

I think the design will grow me. So far it's a 2 of 10. He gets one point for trying something different (he never said the masses were going to like it) and another for drawing from the Lotus Esprit S1.

The specs are killer. As for the "vaporware" comment it's kinda funny, just sounds like your typical hater. Tesla builds cars everyone else compares to and still hasn't come close. And no I don't own one.

You should open your eyes a bit. The $35k Model 3 has been available for awhile now.

It starts at $39.490 The 35K price is after "estimated savings" which are us taxpayers forking over 5K to help a billionaire. And 39K 5 years after it was promised.

I am not a "hater' I have driven a Model 3, nice car if you can look past the horrendous build quality. Panel gap you could slide a hammer through.

If any mainstream manufacturer showed this design then had the fail with the "shatterproof' glass they would (rightly) laughed into oblivion. But cause Tesla it's awesome. It should come out about the time is rescue submarine hit showrooms.......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom