Land Cruiser vs Cyber Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It starts at $39.490 Te 35K price is after "estimated savings" which are us taxpayers forking over 5K to help a billionaire. And 39K 5 years after it was promised.

I am not a "hater' but Musk of full of it. I have driven a Model 3, nice car if you can look past the horrendous build quality. Panel gap you could slide a hammer through.

If any mainstream manufacturer showed this design then had the fail with the "shatterproof' glass they would (rightly) laughed into oblivion. But cause Tesla it's awesome. It should come out about the time is rescue submarine hit showrooms.......
It's just a prototype, most manufacturers would show you a photo or place it stationary on a rotating stage with models talking about how awesomely the same it is to everything else out there. Build quality was way poorer in the begining but they continue to iterate and improve. Check out Tesloop, they have a fleet of Tesla's they use for shuttle service, many have over 500k miles.

Haters gonna hate.

So, you think Rivian is more believable?

Musk may be horrible with timelines (when things get produced) and claiming more than real world in terms of self driving..........BUT, in terms of specs and acceleration numbers (on his other cars), Musk has been quite spot on i think.

Do you remember that time in band camp when Toyota gave a stupid a$$ explanation why their $50k truck still has DRUM f***KING BRAKES????!!!

No the Rivian is total vaporware. Where did I even mention Rivian?

What do drum brakes on Toyotas have to do with anything?

No the Rivian is total vaporware. Where did I even mention Rivian?

What do drum brakes on Toyotas have to do with anything?

You quote a post comparing Rivian vs. Cybertruck.

Every car manufacturers have claim some stupid sh!t at some point...whether it be Toyota or Tesla.

But, Musk has been ACCURATE about specs and speed claims.

It starts at $39.490 Te 35K price is after "estimated savings" which are us taxpayers forking over 5K to help a billionaire. And 39K 5 years after it was promised.

Yes, that was true for s period. As incentives went away, the prices followed suit to make the effective price hit the mark.

The real deal $35k base version without incentives could be had since feb.

Musk overpromises on timeline. But he has a track record of delivering on promises. Probably earlier than what generally is thought as plausible.

I like the design, price will be close to $40k with no options. Even if its $50k Ill pay it with the camper option that turns the truck bed into a bed. I hope they make a hard cover for the bed with climate controls.

I see AMC Pacer.

I see delorean. I always wanted one when I was a kid but they were too slow. I think steel is a good choice for a truck as I won't have to worry about rust. Will I need to worry about wax or buffing?

Yes, that was true for s period. As incentives went away, the prices followed suit to make the effective price hit the mark.

The real deal $35k base version without incentives could be had since feb.

Musk overpromises on timeline. But he has a track record of delivering on promises. Probably earlier than what generally is thought as plausible.

$39,490 "Purchase Price"

"All prices are shown without potential incentives or gas savings of $8,675."

There is no 35K Model 3

$39,490 "Purchase Price"

There is no 35K Model 3
They don't offer it online, but it is available.

$39,490 "Purchase Price"

There is no 35K Model 3

Seriously buddy. I'm not arguing with you. Only stating ground truth so fake news doesn't continually get propagated. It's real. No games. You can walk into the store today to purchase one. I bought a Model 3 for my wife a few months ago, albeit not the base version. The "standard range" $35k version is only available in store rather than online as they are encouraging people to buy the "SR+" model which is a better value with more standard features and range, including autopilot. Doesn't matter what trim, it's brilliant car and blows away just about any equivalent priced car on the market.

Anyways, this thread is about the cybertruck. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I won't either as it doesn't do what my 200-series does for me today.

The cybertruck, numbers, and prices are very likely to be met as Musk will deliver given his track record. If you believe they are fake numbers, so be it.

Last edited:
I see...

elonsmoke.gif

in my OPinion, Elon over promises and under delivers.

i think the broken windows were marketing genuis.

Last edited:
in my OPinion, Elon over promises and under delivers.

True on two fronts: production of vehicles are usually behind schedule (until recently when Tesla seems to be much better) and self driving capability.

The self driving is still PENDING state. Since no one has done it in mass production, Musk has the luxury of time on his side.

Now, there is no denying that the Model 3, for example, is an amazing car in its own right. In a recent MotorTrend comparo, Model 3 spank the daylights out of BMW and another car i forgot the name. Literally a good old fashion spanking. It beat BMW 3 series with M-package in acceleration (a given) but also in handling!! Oh, Model 3 had all-season tires. Oh, it was easier to drive fast in it. It was better on-road. The ONLY place where BMW beat Model 3 was in braking thanks to BMW’s high-perf tires.

Model S is still a standard in speed for how many years now? Model X is still the fastest SUV i think.

And Model Y seems to be heading toward success.

So, where has Musk exactly under-delivered other than maybe the two fronts i wrote about above?

BTW, i do NOT own a Tesla nor plan to buy one nor own stocks in Tesla.

True on two fronts: production of vehicles are usually behind schedule (until recently when Tesla seems to be much better) and self driving capability.

The self driving is still PENDING state. Since no one has done it in mass production, Musk has the luxury of time on his side.

Now, there is no denying that the Model 3, for example, is an amazing car in its own right. In a recent MotorTrend comparo, Model 3 spank the daylights out of BMW and another car i forgot the name. Literally a good old fashion spanking. It beat BMW 3 series with M-package in acceleration (a given) but also in handling!! Oh, Model 3 had all-season tires. Oh, it was easier to drive fast in it. It was better on-road. The ONLY place where BMW beat Model 3 was in braking thanks to BMW’s high-perf tires.

Model S is still a standard in speed for how many years now? Model X is still the fastest SUV i think.

And Model Y seems to be heading toward success.

So, where has Musk exactly under-delivered other than maybe the two fronts i wrote about above?

BTW, i do NOT own a Tesla nor plan to buy one nor own stocks in Tesla.
What do all those model names spell out....
S3XY best marketing plan of em all

This thing is just so different that even real pictures make it look CGI generated.
1574458651828.png

But will it camp? I gotta think this thing would be killer to car camp in. I'm heading up to camp in the mountains tonight, 30 degrees expected. Big battery supported climate control would certainly make it glamping.
1574458620550.png

This thing is just so different that even real pictures make it look CGI generated.
View attachment 2139747

But will it camp? I gotta think this thing would be killer to car camp in. I'm heading up to camp in the mountains tonight, 30 degrees expected. Big battery supported climate control would certainly make it glamping.
View attachment 2139743
all that camping stuff has got to drain the battery to where it'd be a battle of how much of the features to use to still have enough range to get back..

all that camping stuff has got to drain the battery to where it'd be a battle of how much of the features to use to still have enough range to get back..
Debatable. Musk also mentioned a solar roof that could add 15mi of range a day. Not a lot of range but thats a serious amount of juice for the avg. camper.

This just in, Posche delays Taycan by 8 to 10 weeks, blasphemous vaporware! Ok not really. It's just reality.

Musk promises A LOT and not only that makes extremely aggressive promises and timelines that no normal CEO would make but they are needed to push innovation. So even if he comes through half the time that 50% tends to represent something special. Telsa is flat out dominating the car market - panel gaps and quality control issues and all. And it's not like other car/truck brands don't have their own quality control issues yet they've been around forever.

Re: autopilot is just a matter of big data, and having enough data the regulators will deem it safe. And guess who has the most data? (Ok aside from Google 😆) Telsa.

Screenshot_20191122-145238.png

Debatable. Musk also mentioned a solar roof that could add 15mi of range a day. Not a lot of range but thats a serious amount of juice for the avg. camper.

This just in, Posche delays Taycan by 8 to 10 weeks, blasphemous vaporware! Ok not really. It's just reality.

Musk promises A LOT and not only that makes extremely aggressive promises and timelines that no normal CEO would make but they are needed to push innovation. So even if he comes through half the time that 50% tends to represent something special. Telsa is flat out dominating the car market - panel gaps and quality control issues and all. And it's not like other car/truck brands don't have their own quality control issues yet they've been around forever.

Re: autopilot is just a matter of big data, and having enough data the regulators will deem it safe. And guess who has the most data? (Ok aside from Google 😆) Telsa.

View attachment 2139797

Tesla has a 1.1% Market share. Not sure that qualifies as "flat out dominating the car market"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom