Land Cruiser vs Cyber Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tesla has a 1.1% Market share. Not sure that qualifies as "flat out dominating the car market"
Sure if you're counting them against Corollas, how about looking at their market and vs their competitors, ie the luxury market.

Putting my order in tonight. I have ultimate ICE vehicle need ultimate electric. I like this better than the rivian currently. I like unconventional outside of the box thinking. When I see too many on the road I will wrap it in white or metallic gold.

Well they certainly own the EV market, no question there. They are beating out sedans like BMW 3 series but the sedan market overall is dying in the US so not sure that is the place to be. I don't have any idea how well the model X sells but I see what seems to be about 20 Model 3s for every Model X.

The American auto market is trucks and SUVs. Not sure how many people would jump out of an F-250 into this thing and the Model X doesn't seem to be poaching sales from anyone. So I guess if you goal is dominate a dying segment they are killing it.......

I hope the company succeeds, I don't want to see folks lose jobs. I just think Musk if full of it and I can't stand the Teslas fanbois

Tesla has a 1.1% Market share. Not sure that qualifies as "flat out dominating the car market"

dominating the electric car market, which all manufacturers are jumping in with all guns loaded. And even with that, Tesla is still several years ahead in technology and design.

Well they certainly own the EV market, no question there. They are beating out sedans like BMW 3 series but the sedan market overall is dying in the US so not sure that is the place to be. I don't have any idea how well the model X sells but I see what seems to be about 20 Model 3s for every Model X.

The American auto market is trucks and SUVs. Not sure how many people would jump out of an F-250 into this thing and the Model X doesn't seem to be poaching sales from anyone. So I guess if you goal is dominate a dying segment they are killing it.......

I hope the company succeeds, I don't want to see folks lose jobs. I just think Musk if full of it and I can't stand the Teslas fanbois

not sure about this but isn’t Tesla the number one luxury seller in USA??

not a fanboy, but for some reason, I can’t stand plain old fashion ignorance either.

edit:Tesla = 15% Of Luxury Car Sales In USA | CleanTechnica

Model 3 is number one luxury car. Tesla overall is #3. Not bad for a dying segment. Lol

dominating the electric car market, which all manufacturers are jumping in with all guns loaded. And even with that, Tesla is still several years ahead in technology and design.

I would hardly say some 1/2 baked Chevy attempts and nothing from most other manufactures (Nissan Leaf is a bust) Is jumping in guns loaded. I would argue the opposite, every major manufacture realizes it is a fruitless, money losing effort and hasn't even bothered trying. What everyone forgets is Tesla doesn't turn profit, they have been losing money since 2003. They are only here because of Uncle Sam's generous wallet

I would hardly say some 1/2 baked Chevy attempts and nothing from most other manufactures (Nissan Leaf is a bust) Is jumping in guns loaded. I would argue the opposite, every major manufacture realizes it is a fruitless, money losing effort and hasn't even bothered trying. What everyone forgets is Tesla doesn't turn profit, they have been losing money since 2003. They are only here because of Uncle Sam's generous wallet

seriously dude. Stop typing!!!!!!! Tesla just reported its biggest Quarter and it is making profit.

Porsche. Mercedes. BMW. Toyota. Ford. Honda. Chevy. Nissan. And more. All in on electric.

please get out under the rock you’ve been living.

Wtf?! EVERYTHING you have written in this thread is 100% wrong. Please stop man. You're embarrassing yourself.

not sure about this but isn’t Tesla the number one luxury seller in USA??

not a fanboy, but for some reason, I can’t stand plain old fashion ignorance either.

edit:Tesla = 15% Of Luxury Car Sales In USA | CleanTechnica

Model 3 is number one luxury car. Tesla overall is #3. Not bad for a dying segment. Lol

Top 10 best vehicles in the US 2018

Ford F-Series , Chevrolet Silverado , Dodge Ram, Toyota Rav4 , Nissan Rogue/Rogue Sport , Honda CR-V, Toyota Camry, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla

So 3 of the top 10 selling vehicles are actual cars. And they occupy 3 of bottom 4 spots.

Sedans are dying. "Luxury" sedans are dying. So Tesla leads a dying segment, great. And commands 1% of all US Auto sales. And doesn't make money. And relies on taxpayer money to sell vehicles and still lose money.

But awesome cause "Tesla"

Top 10 best vehicles in the US 2018

Ford F-Series , Chevrolet Silverado , Dodge Ram, Toyota Rav4 , Nissan Rogue/Rogue Sport , Honda CR-V, Toyota Camry, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla

So 3 of the top 10 selling vehicles are actual cars. And they occupy 3 of bottom 4 spots.

Sedans are dying. "Luxury" sedans are dying. So Tesla leads a dying segment, great. And commands 1% of all US Auto sales. And doesn't make money. And relies on taxpayer money to sell vehicles and still lose money.

But awesome cause "Tesla"

smh damn ignorance.

Sorry, I didn't realize this is the Elon Musk Tesla FANBOI forum.

"All in" to placate bureaucrats, every major car company knows electric is money loser. You can't even buy an electric Toyota in the USA.

Just cause you say something on a forum doesn't make it true.

seriously dude. Stop typing!!!!!!! Tesla just reported its biggest Quarter and it is making profit.

Porsche. Mercedes. BMW. Toyota. Ford. Honda. Chevy. Nissan. And more. All in on electric.

please get out under the rock you’ve been living.

Wtf?! EVERYTHING you have written in this thread is 100% wrong. Please stop man. You're embarrassing yourself.
Perhaps you need to chill out, Valium maybe? This guys entitled to his opinion just like you are. And he’s not 100% wrong. Tesla has had exactly one profitable quarter I believe. In fact they have lost many millions of their investors money to this point. And they are deeply in the red. In fact, one could argue the only reason they’re still around is because of the government tax kickbacks.

Bailouts anyone?

Ok all jokes aside. Progress is scary. Change is hard.

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Static-Front-3-4-View.jpg

I think the front looks OK, definitely retro futuristic, but hate the goofy wheel design and the rear end design. The rear is too plain.

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Rear-3-4-with-Taillamps-Bumper-and-Taillights.jpg

I am extremely skeptical that this can be $40,000 with an air suspension, but we'll see. It's a long way from production.

I'd like to see stainless steel available in a truck, because it has obvious strength and corrosion advantages.

Perhaps you need to chill out, Valium maybe? This guys entitled to his opinion just like you are. And he’s not 100% wrong. Tesla has had exactly one profitable quarter I believe. In fact they have lost many millions of their investors money to this point. And they are deeply in the red. In fact, one could argue the only reason they’re still around is because of the government tax kickbacks.

Valium...sure, you prescribe me some? I hear street prices are pretty high....i can resell it to fund me for future LC parts! :)

Actually, he is wrong on all counts. Elon is full of it, he says...a few things (as noted above in my post), but he has delivered on his car's performance and capability. Tesla cars cannot sell...well, Model 3 is quite popular and Tesla sales have been good recently. No one is jumping into electric cars.....well, actually, with exception of maybe Toyota (who is always late to party), everyone is jumping into electric. Tesla has not made profit....they have the last quarter.

Now, as for losing millions of their investors' money.......until this truck unveiling, their stock prices were quite high......i am sure that their investors are pretty happy at this time. In fact, according to stock analysts, Tesla stock future is quite rosy.

Other car manufacturers have never had bailouts????

When Ford or GM or Mercedes came into existence, their own country didn't support them? You're comparing a very new company trying to claw itself into existence against old stalwarts that have been around for decades........and in that short time, Tesla has scared the living daylights out of these old stalwarts.

I was not a huge fan of Tesla.....always thought of them as one trick pony......0-60 times. BUT, after reading MotorTrend's recent comparo where the Model 3 absolutely destroyed the BMW 3-series with M-package in overall performance, i have to tip my hat to them. BMW 3 has always been a driver's car...a car that sets the standard for its class...getting killed by an unknown from nowhere on its own turf (handling) is quite a feat IMHO. Look at Porsche new electric......ONLY 7-8 YEARS later is there a car that can match Model S performance! Look at Ford new Mustang SUV.......look how far behind it is from the Model X or even Model Y.

Last edited:
I love my 200. And the wife’s TRD 4R.
But I’ll have one of these at some point. Prob in 3 years based on last timeline performance by Tesla. But oh well I’ll wait. Because i occasionally have use for a truck, and I’m not buying a POS ford/Chevy/dodge.
2FE703CC-3908-4271-A20A-04B347610216.jpeg

Valium...sure, you prescribe me some? I hear street prices are pretty high....i can resell it to fund me for future LC parts! :)

Actually, he is wrong on all counts. Elon is full of it, he says...a few things (as noted above in my post), but he has delivered on his car's performance and capability. Tesla cars cannot sell...well, Model 3 is quite popular and Tesla sales have been good recently. No one is jumping into electric cars.....well, actually, with exception of maybe Toyota (who is always late to party), everyone is jumping into electric. Tesla has not made profit....they have the last quarter.

Now, as for losing millions of their investors' money.......until this truck unveiling, their stock prices were quite high......i am sure that their investors are pretty happy at this time. In fact, according to stock analysts, Tesla stock future is quite rosy.

Other car manufacturers have never had bailouts????

When Ford or GM or Mercedes came into existence, their own country didn't support them? You're comparing a very new company trying to claw itself into existence against old stalwarts that have been around for decades........and in that short time, Tesla has scared the living daylights out of these old stalwarts.

I was not a huge fan of Tesla.....always thought of them as one trick pony......0-60 times. BUT, after reading MotorTrend's recent comparo where the Model 3 absolutely destroyed the BMW 3-series with M-package in overall performance, i have to tip my hat to them. BMW 3 has always been a driver's car...a car that sets the standard for its class...getting killed by an unknown from nowhere on its own turf (handling) is quite a feat IMHO. Look at Porsche new electric......ONLY 7-8 YEARS later is there a car that can match Model S performance! Look at Ford new Mustang SUV.......look how far behind it is from the Model X or even Model Y.

Agreed. Opinion is one thing but @slipkid13 is factually wrong on much of it. I mean geez, it only took 3 posts to correct him on the existence on a $35k Model 3. Seriously? The rest of it is flat out wrong too.

The styling is growing on me.

The value perspective of a $39 or even 49k trims? Would I rather have this or a 4runner? Wrangler? F150? The price is on the thick of many many pedestrian cars.

Last edited:
Since this is the tech section.. how do we think these things will off-road?

Obviously electric power offers a ton of potential in traction control schemes, but is there any hope of this thing having the suspension travel and articulation needed for the off-roading we do? Let alone durability? The ball bearing incident obviously didn’t go well.. what happens when someone sets the bottom down hard on a sharp rock?

Air suspension could be made to work a lot like AHS and if set up right help a lot with articulation.. but the amount of travel seems critical. And based on the pictures, there doesn’t seem to be much up travel allowed.

Also, people are definitely going to attempt to overland these things, and have to keep in mind where to charge. I’m really not sure how a slow steep trail would treat the charge level. Could be good (no constant wind resistance), or bad (less than ideal surfaces, steep/lots of torque)...

Stats aside, this thing is hideous. When I look at what I would legitimately use a truck for, I couldn’t even fathom rolling up to a horse show or hunt in this with the oversized Clydesdale trailer on the back. I would be mortified. Hopping in and out in muddy boots, checking fence, toting hay, grain, lumber, dead beasties? Nope. Not in this. I’d rather have a $1000 beater.

And while I abhor the over abundance of tech in automobiles these days, because I'm secretly a grouchy, cynical 80 year old in a younger package, I do like following the progress of EVs and other alternative fuel vehicles. Even Cummins is getting in on the action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom