Land Cruiser interior the same as an LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So other than the steering wheel, would everything else be the same? I’m talking door panels, trim pieces, headliner...everything.

Door panels are different also. Seats are different, etc.

I guess I mean as far as the way things will mount up. I would imagine door panels will look different but mount the same. And seats will look different but the rails will be the same. My big concern is the dash. I would imagine it’s the same but just wondering if anyone has had any experience.

Dash is the same but the gauge cluster is different, different stereo head unit, etc. Different carpet. Power Tilt, Telescopic steering column, memory seats, etc. They are both the same vehicle but the Lexus has more luxury options.

I've swapped most of a 1998 LX into my 1999 LC. I can confirm that the door panels, headliner, carpet, rear seats, and most of the interior plastics are direct swaps. Center dashboard is different enough that I've yet to tackle that.

I think the question was if they are the same. In that respect no. Will they bolt in, yes as they are the same vehicle just upscaled for options.

How different? Something needing to be reshaped or cut?

The dash center? The climate controls and stereo recess are different. So in order to use the Lexus panel in the wood that matches the rest of my car I need to pin match the climate controls and buy a stereo bezel.

Also, the window switches in the door panels have different connectors, so I'm running Lexus trim panels with Toyota window switches. If you look at interiors shots of the two you'll see Toyota has the three dial climate control and Lexus has the digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom