Land Cruiser 200 v8 vs 300 v6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends , i have a issue at the moment , i own a 2015 LC 200 diesel 4.5 V8 engine , 120k km , very good condition , no complains about the car. While scrolling the internet i found a LC 300 70th anniversary from 2021 with the new 3.5 biturbo petrol engine , 12km , perfect condition. I have the option to trade in my car(valued at cca 52k euro) and pay the difference for the LC 300 (valued at around 120k euro).
My issue is regarding the newer models and engine , i dont know alot about these engines and their reliability - that is my biggest concern , safety also since i drive always with 3 little kids. I bought the 200 because i like to have my peace of mind that i can go anywhere without worring of failure on the road . I dont do offroad with the 200 (maybe ocasional if the road leads me outside pavement , but i dont go looking for those dirt roads), i have another car for offroading - i used it for vacations mostly and longer trips , so the 300 will have same purpose.
Do you guys think i would be better with the new 300 with the petrol engine or stick better with my old v8 ?

Thanks
Vladimir

lc.PNG

Last edited:
There’s no rush to sell your 200. It will likely not go down in value over the span of a year or two - and might go up!
The 300 series is here for at least the next 11 years, so it isn’t going anywhere.
The new V6 turbo gasoline engine is relatively new, but it has been used in a Lexus vehicle now for a few years. This engine is also going in the USA Toyota Tundra, Sequoia, and Lexus LX600, so Toyota obviously is very confident about it. I wouldn’t worry about the engine.

More importantly… the 300 is over 135kg lighter than the 200. That weight savings came from everywhere. The body panels are aluminum and thinner- they are not as sturdy, and the interior has changed a bit. Also the 300 no longer has a split tailgate. Maybe that’s important or maybe not to you.

While your 200 is going on 8 years, that’s not very old for a land cruiser.
You definitely need to sit in a 300 and look it over really well — and test drive it.
If you fall in love with it — then get one. If not, there’s no harm waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom