KZJ78 no airflow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Prado stopped blowing any air from the AC or heater today on my way to work. Anyone have a good part number for the blower motor?

Thanks!

Before springing for a new blower motor check the blower resistor and the fuse. The resistor is located up in the passenger footwell behind the blower motor:
4470DD5F-D87B-46C9-AE3E-FDB505CC8E05.jpeg

B44FB906-23F4-4E6E-8A98-86F3D417C464.jpeg

If neither of those are bad the blower motor part number is 87104-89110.

Great thinking on the dummy checks. Sadly the blower motor resistor and fuses looked good so I’ll be buying the blower motor. Just to be sure, the fuses I’m looking for are the A/C and Heater fuses next to the drivers right foot right?

Hello,

Check the fan control switch for electrical continuity.

If there is no continuity, try some contact cleaner and test again. If there is still no continuity, replace the switch.

In old age, the resistor gives up the ghost. So does the control switch.

Juan

Hello,

Check the fan control switch for electrical continuity.

If there is no continuity, try some contact cleaner and test again. If there is still no continuity, replace the switch.

In old age, the resistor gives up the ghost. So does the control switch.

Juan
Juan,

Good thinking, I’ll check there too. I used my heater today for the first time in a while and then it just quit.

I've had to replace my blower motor before too. It was a match with something north american, I forget now. Might have been a FJ60 (or 4runner as above).

thanks for the thread. My first two fan positions quit working and I pulled the resister and found a broken connection on one of the coils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom