KZJ71 Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure I'm confident enough to run without both sway bars, certainly not the front. Hopefully by at least extending them I'll have better flex than without doing so.

It seem to me like if you're running 100mm lift with stock brake lines I should be fine. But I noticed others said they needed to so I guess I will just have to see after the lift goes on.

The only time I've noticed the brake lines looking tight is when I've lifted the truck off the ground by the frame and let the entire axle droop. But when the truck is on the ground and articulating either way, the lines seem fine. So maybe it would only be a problem if I get air in the truck? :D

23498251_697139233828734_3337388222639505408_n.jpg

The spring will come in light, medium and heavy duty. If you intend to run a winch, bull bar etc then install the heavy duty springs; highest load rating.

For castor correction up.to 2" should not need the correction, although if the kit has them, then fit.

I m running a 4" lift comprising King Spring and Tough dog shocks, with castor correction.

Dobinsons has finally shipped my lift. In anticipation of putting it on, I'm trying to figure out the best way to adjust the LSPV. In the past I've just made a bracket to extend the axle connection point upwards as much as the lift. Is this the best option, or moving the valve itself down this .25" on the frame I've seen folks discussing?

How big is your lift? They say 2 inches doesn't affect its operation.

If I was going higher than that, I might just go and buy a non load sensing type proportioning valve. Some Landcruisers/Hiace came from the factory that way.

But if you wanted to keep what you have, I would extend the connection at the axle. The higher up components are, the less mud and corrosion they attract (in theory).

How big is your lift? They say 2 inches doesn't affect its operation.

If I was going higher than that, I might just go and buy a non load sensing type proportioning valve. Some Landcruisers/Hiace came from the factory that way.

But if you wanted to keep what you have, I would extend the connection at the axle. The higher up components are, the less mud and corrosion they attract (in theory).
It’s 2.5” I guess I’ll see how it feels after I put the new springs on.

I went 2.5 inches a couple of times on leaf springs and never needed to adjust it

So I have these adjustable panhard rods I ordered off of eBay. I've heard that the bars are good but the bushings are not, so my plan was to swap the bushings for OEM ones. However, it looks like the OEM bushings are a little too small for these rods. The eBay seller also doesn't sell bushings separately. So, the question is, do I just install these and hang onto the stock rods for when the bushings in these wear out or do I just not install them and send them back, maybe ordering one of the panhard drop brackets instead?

ADJUSTABLE Panhard Rod Bar SET|Fit Land Cruiser Prado J70 LJ78 LJ79 RJ78|'90-'96 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/372981594938?ul_noapp=true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom