Know about Waeco / Coolmatic fridge DC power plugs? Polarity? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
so I picked up an ancient Coolmatic by Waeco fridge. It's a little guy. The model is CCF 18. I don't know if it works and would like to try it before investing time and maybe $ in it but am missing the cord. It only has a DC connector on the face plate. It is a rectangular shape with 2 male round pins and a little tab on one of the long sides. Anybody knows the polarity of these cords at the faceplate connector? I imagine / hope it likely is the same for other Waeco fridges. TIA

OK, so nobody in the Power forum. Maybe in the Camping one?

See if one of the connectors is grounded to the frame. This will most likely be the negative connection.

yes, indeed. I'd rather not take the thing apart just yet as the plastic looks very brittle.

My CF-50. Positive side is closest to the floor... and it is the side of the cord that has markings. But my pins are rectangle, not round so perhaps not helpful.

tempImagez7HPdQ.png

thanks very much for taking the time! Looks a bit different. My plug is "horizontal" (meaning the pins are at the same height over the floor) with the little nub on the lower side. Looks like yours is "vertical". But the relative orientation may still be similar. Is there a little nub in yours and is it to the right or left ? Thanks.

tempImage8pf4Qx.png

great, I can see it! thanks for taking the pic! One good bit of data.

In case anybody has a similar question in the distant future, however unlikely, I should finish this thread off by saying what I found (by trial and error IOW sheer luck admittedly, no clever analysis here):

looking at the fridge side (not the cord), the female receptacle (with male pins) is horizontal with the little nub on the bottom, well the + side is on the LHS! (which I think is the same relatively speaking as with Hoser's fridge above, too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom