Kingsman hardware awning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REKCUT

SILVER Star
Threads
Came across this awning Home on blue ridge overland gear blog yesterday. No price but looks very well built. Video of guy swinging on it.

There is a comparison of a number of awnings including this one in the most recent issue of Outdoor X4. Have not read it yet.

I sent the guy an email, would like to learn more and.....know how much it costs. I'll report back if he gets back to me.

25 hours later, no email. Not a good sign for a small business trying to get product to market......hoping someone learns more and can report some details. I like my original Foxwing but a freestanding 270 made in the USA and hopefully at a reasonable price would be GREAT.

$1499 - got an email, also detailed here.

Last edited:
I don't think its all that worrying.
I've delt with plenty of small businesses and they're often swamped by people like us wanting information at the speed of Amazon.

Patience will suffice for me. When it's ready to sell, I'll be ready to purchase it...
Unless another American made analog comes available at a fair price

If you are familiar with Expedition Portal, this thread post# 31, has the latest info. I just ordered their shower stall. They have a 30% discount going if you order by 11/11. Also, email address: matthew@kinsmenhardware.com
If I didn't already have an Alu Cab Shadow awning, I probably would've ordered their awning, too. They're going to have a wall kit available and the frame, although it's steel, is only 10 lbs heavier than the aluminum Alu Cab. Best thing is - their stuff is made here, in the USA.

Looks really great. My two worries are the price and wind. I saw wind up to 35mph rating. That doesn't sound like much to me.

Looks really great. My two worries are the price and wind. I saw wind up to 35mph rating. That doesn't sound like much to me.
Any place I'm at with winds above 35mph and i would likely tie it down with rope and stakes. Not like my current one doesn't need those all the time

Looks like he has set price at $1499. Not sure i use one enough to justify that price tag

I saw the product at Expo East this past weekend on the guys 60 series. It is solid. Material looks to be thicker than other vendors. Real nice vendor. If I were in the market, they would be a serious consideration just based on my initial interaction. Welds were solid, smooth transition in mechanism, seams were complete. He also had a very well thought out roof rack that was a one off. No details on bringing it to market though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom