King OEM Shocks for Daily Driver? (no crawling/offroad) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would King OEM Performance Shocks be overkill for a daily driver FZJ80? I'm not looking for any lift and if need be, less than 1.75" would be ideal. I'm planning on a set up for the smoothest ride possible for long range trips.

Check real availability, versus clicking on a website's Buy button. Lead times are getting longer and longer due to pent up covid demand...

Smoothest ride - stock suspension? Stock vehicle weight? Expectations in terms of handling, types of roads/tracks?

cheers,
george.

Check real availability, versus clicking on a website's Buy button. Lead times are getting longer and longer due to pent up covid demand...

Smoothest ride - stock suspension? Stock vehicle weight? Expectations in terms of handling, types of roads/tracks?

cheers,
george.
Not too worried about timing, mainly interstate driving. Completely stock Land Cruiser.

Many would say to just buy a set of new Toyota shocks. Cheap and clearly have lasted many years already in your vehicle (assuming they are still stock).

Check the coils to see if they are overly sagged and thus causing the suspension to bottom out on the bump stops when you hit bigger bumps.

Timing... Well, King has >6 month delays on some of their stuff...

cheers,
george.

The 2.5" King would be overkill for your application.
Any premium emulsion shock will give you a better ride than stock (Fox, Billstein, etc) and can be revolved for ride preference but will only cost $125 each corner, compared to $600 a comer with the Kings. Talk to the Guys at either Filthy motorsports or Downsouth motorsports. BTW, I do run the Kings but I run my truck hard on remote forest roads all over New England and need the extra performance of a remote rez shock.

Many would say to just buy a set of new Toyota shocks. Cheap and clearly have lasted many years already in your vehicle (assuming they are still stock).

Check the coils to see if they are overly sagged and thus causing the suspension to bottom out on the bump stops when you hit bigger bumps.

Timing... Well, King has >6 month delays on some of their stuff...

cheers,
george.
I believe it's currently on at least 2" OME springs and Rancho shocks. I will most likely return to OEM for the best ride for now.

Bilstein or Dobinsons monotube are what I was looking at when I was thinking I'd stay stock height with my cruiser. Both have solid reputation, and not stupidly spendy.
Tokico OEM are also a good option if you're at stock height. Possibly available through Partsouq etc

I'm going to add 2" lift and modify shock mounts, so Bilsteins are out due to available lengths. Will probably use dobinsons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom