Keyless Entry Wiring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, i’m trying to DIY a cheapo keyless entry fob system for my 80 but cannot figure out the locking-unlocking wiring.

I did identify the locking and unlocking wires but cannot figure out how to wire it. I’ve read that you need to use diodes on locking wires but have no idea how to specifically wire it or what diodes to use. I’m a visual guy. Can anyone open your kick panel and take a picture?

I did use the search option but cannot find a picture or specific info on how to do it. Thanx in advance!

I've installed two different alarms in my 80 (Python and CompuStar) and never put diodes on anything. I'll see if I can find a picture.

I've installed two different alarms in my 80 (Python and CompuStar) and never put diodes on anything. I'll see if I can find a picture.
A picture would be amazing! I heard the diodes are only to make it work due to the child protection lock wire. But i’d love to not use any diodes since i’ve never wired with them ha. Thanks man. I’ll be waiting for the pic

I used the oem wiring harness to the rs300 and desoldered the plug no diodes
Please MTV. Send me a pic! 😁 I took out the rs300 but still have it somewhere in the garage. I’m dying for a keyless entry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom