KDSS spacers and lift requirements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering are there any other necessities when lifting a 2015 GX460? Lift in question is 2” Dobinsons IMS with heavy springs. I want to make sure I have everything ready for install before starting.

Other than the lift itself, is an adjustable panhard bar required, or extended brake line, KDSS spacers, etc. I’m getting new UCA just as a precaution even though some say it’s not necessary. I’m just not sure where the threshold is before you start needing this things.

Extended brake lines are needed if doing long travel. KDSS spacers are only needed to correct lean. Adjustable panhard is a good upgrade, but not absolutely needed unless an issue necessitates it.

You shouldn't need any other components with just a 2" lift. Some people think they need a front diff drop kit, but with a 2-1/2" - 3" lift on mine, and extensive off roading, I've never needed extended brake lines, front diff drop kit or adjustable panhard bar.
If you go to my build thread near the very last posts you'll see my rear tire stuffed in the wheel well and no issues.

Thanks for all the answers. I have a trip coming up so I’m hoping to get everything done ASAP

i have a 2" lift and adjusted my panhard bar bracket (to lift it) and i don't think i could determine a difference. If i go long travel in the rear it will help with rubbing tho

The KDSS spacers that go on the bars are more about correcting overall geometry than directly addressing lean.

I think the panhard correction bracket plus the spacers go a long way to correcting geometry with KDSS. The adjustable panhard bar can still bind up on the kdss. If you do the bracket, the panhard is back where it should be.

The KDSS spacers will help with the lean but wont solve it. Ive got about 2 inches of lift with my BP51s and geometry on the PH bar is a little off but not too bad. You can solve the lean following the bleed steps. There are a few vids on youtube on it too. Some jacking up and down and some trial and error, but its solveable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom