KDSS Extension Link? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Can anyone tell me anything more about this KDSS extension link mentioned on Facebook? Would this do the same as a KDSS relocation? Is it a Toyota part?

1671636203740.png

Color me intrigued.

A Facebook friend shared some intel: it is a product from Superior Engineering out of AU.

"The link allows considerably more suspension travel with supporting modifications such as longer shocks and control arms etc and assists with the rectification of the "KDSS Lean" as commonly found in the 200 series.

TRC4308 includes a 50mm extension at the sway bar mount pivot, compared to the OE arm, allowing increased suspension travel for 200 Series with KDSS when modified to run long-travel shocks (length to be checked & confirmed prior to fitment)."

I believe that is only for the rear link. They still use the relocation bracket for the front.

Well how do we get ahold of one? Sorry, I don’t do the Book Face crap.

We stock them at @ Cruiser Outfitters, part# SUSTRC4308. Sold/installed a handful over the past few years. We also have the longer link for the opposite side as well as the pair of longer links for the LX570 (part# SUSTRC0041)

SUS4308_1.png

SUS4308_2.png

They will be on CruiserTeq.com soon, photography is done.

Last edited:
We stock them at @ Cruiser Outfitters, part# SUSTRC4308. Sold/installed a handful over the past few years. We also have the longer link for the opposite site as well as the pair of longer links for the LX570 (part# SUSTRC0041)

View attachment 3198657

View attachment 3198658

They will be on CruiserTeq.com soon, photography is done.

Well that solves that problem. So we need two of these?

Well that solves that problem. So we need two of these?
I don't think so (but I'm no expert). I think the US driver side has the KDSS arm pictured. If you are interested, why not call or email Cruiser Outfitters? They're an awesome vendor.

You might want to replace the rear brake lines with longer ones since this extended links will give you extra drop on the rear suspension. In my case the Russel SS braided rear brake lines were the limiting factor. I replaced them with SDHQ 4” extended length brake lines.

I’m not far from stock height but my kings do have quite a bit of extra travel, and I have no problem stuffing one tire hard against the bump stop, and the other to full shock extension, with stock links.

I guess this is primarily to help if you have significant lift? To get the sway bar closer to stock position in spite of that lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom