Kaymar Rear Bumper on a LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was admiring @jmlockwood ’s heritage build and found these from his thread

9816a0b3-b3ff-4f08-8eb3-d08470f5a20e-jpeg.2139832

c21615d4-7f81-4d30-896c-3957d925835b-jpeg.2139833

Money shot:

d7c233dc-80b9-4cc0-bec3-62e95e34ab04-jpeg.2155078

Still holding out hope that someone can fit this to an LX! Thoughts on how much that wing support would need to be notched out for the AHC pump?

I have a serious thing for the Kaymar. Just love the lines that complements the factory look which would fit well for my build.

I been trying to figure out how the rear is mounted and those pics help a lot. Wonder if the brackets differ for swingout vs no swingouts?

All you’d have to do is fit it up with the ahc wing open, drive down to a trusted fabricator, and pay for 2-4 (weld in) to 4-8 (bolt up) hours of fab time. So tack on max $1200 in fab and you’re golden.

I bought a tube bender thinking I would make a low profile tube bumper rear slider. So I've got all the fab stuff I'd need to make a Kaymar work. Hrmmm....

I have a serious thing for the Kaymar. Just love the lines that complements the factory look

Saaaame. I’m pretty seriously considering a rear bumper for the eventuality that I go full fat 35s and an LRA.

IMO maintaining some semblance of this is important to the side profile of the truck:

A696747D-C770-404B-8C90-DE97FEB08956.jpeg

Most of the high clearance bumpers like the RLC and Trail Tailor(s) cut straight across for obvious reasons but I personally don’t like that look.

I think Kaymar and Slee get the profile right. Even ARB which gets a lot of flack for other issues attempt to maintain this profile for a more subtle look.

Kaymar

7BC79E71-7789-45DC-BF79-B36772E394A4.jpeg

Slee example

F68CCD98-A1B5-4AFE-9B44-FFDB88A6C377.jpeg

ARB
839E1065-7B14-48CB-843B-2ED70C2CC6FE.jpeg

Saaaame. I’m pretty seriously considering a rear bumper for the eventuality that I go full fat 35s and an LRA.

IMO maintaining some semblance of this is important to the side profile of the truck:

View attachment 2760463

Most of the high clearance bumpers like the RLC and Trail Tailor(s) cut straight across for obvious reasons but I personally don’t like that look.

I think Kaymar and Slee get the profile right. Even ARB which gets a lot of flack for other issues attempt to maintain this profile for a more subtle look.

Kaymar

View attachment 2760469

Slee example

View attachment 2760467

ARB
View attachment 2760468

The visual aids are money and my sentiments exactly! Thanks for putting that together.

Yeah, any horizontally level cut lines in my eyes just don't work for the rear. Either the upper tupperware cut line or worse lower cut line. Has the effect of almost making the rear look saggy. A big reason why I like the Kaymar..

The other major win is that it's pretty flush with the existing body lines, with a tidier tucked up rearmost edge. Most armor with swingouts seem to need to project the rear bumpers a few inches past the original body lines. Which surely doesn't help departure at a trade for perhaps better protection?

I just saw one of these on a first gen 200 this past weekend. I should have looked underneath. They look even better in person. It'd be a tough decision between the new Slee rear and the Kaymar rear with no swingouts.

So I got myself a kaymar rearbar/wheel carrier, and today I tried to dummy fit it before it got colour matched, this is when I ran into the AHC pump issue 😂

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I am a metal fabricator so ill be making a new bracket tomorrow if that is the only way around this.

20220928_182839.jpg

I am a metal fabricator so ill be making a new bracket tomorrow if that is the only way around this.
new bracket is in order! i'm no artist, and i'm not sure if this will be strong enough, but you could look at boxing around the pump.

B4591212-F8AB-47CD-BB68-F023D01D04A0.jpeg

So I got myself a kaymar rearbar/wheel carrier, and today I tried to dummy fit it before it got colour matched, this is when I ran into the AHC pump issue 😂

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I am a metal fabricator so ill be making a new bracket tomorrow if that is the only way around this.
Question: Is there an issue clearing the left hand carrier as well? Or only the right side due to the AHC pump?

No issues on left side.

So I fabbed up a new bracket yesterday, was pretty straight forward, after I finished it I realised it may stick out far enough to interfere with a long range tank if I fit one, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I used both ends of the supplied bracket and basically put a bit of 75x50 RHS in between to fill the gap

I left the inside open so any dirt could be washed out from both sides

20220929_153229.jpg

20220929_153238.jpg

20220929_153248.jpg

20220929_153254.jpg

So I fabbed up a new bracket yesterday, was pretty straight forward, after I finished it I realised it may stick out far enough to interfere with a long range tank if I fit one, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I used both ends of the supplied bracket and basically put a bit of 75x50 RHS in between to fill the gap

I left the inside open so any dirt could be washed out from both sides

View attachment 3127720

View attachment 3127722

View attachment 3127723

View attachment 3127724

impressions on the Kaymar? It looks pretty thin.

Can you take a pic of the other side oem bracket?

Looks way better than my non metal skilled attempt at a wing bracket for my bumper!

Nice fab work. That will 100% interfere with a LRA (assuming it mounts like the one I have).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom