Kaymar rear bumper installation on fzj80?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bumper arrived. Looks great. Took a few days of soaking and heating 25 y/o hardware to get original tow hitch and bumper parts off truck.

ready to install and .... missing 4 bolts from parts bag :( sucks but I will make a trip to Fastenall I guess. worst part is it is the four M12 X 35 X 1.75 bolts that are used with the captive plates to attach the bumper from each side to the chasis. I'm guessing grade 10 is the way to go . . .

parts bag includes a few items that are not referenced at all in the instruction online.

3x 3mm packer spacers (instructions only reference use of the 3x 8mm packer spacers between bumper and frame). I'm guessing these are for "just in case" you don't have room for the 8mm or want a tighter fit. I'm ok with this theory :)

BUT the parts bag includes a "NUTS ON PLATE M12 X 1.25 X 2 FINE THREAD ON 300 MM WIRE" and it is listed in the instructions as being included BUT no reference or discussion of where to use or why??

At least I was able to figure out the wiring harness with ease (though my factory harness plug has a tail light wire pulled loose . . .

Thoughts or help appreciated!

For anyone else who comes across this thread, Chris at Long Range USA (Kaymar USA distributor) was really fantastic. He responded quickly to messages and gave his direct cell phone for any questions. After chatting, he informed me that the 3mm spacers were just extras as I expected. Most commonly needed for vehicles with prior accident history or slightly bent frames from off roading.

He was very apologetic about the missing bolts, but I already knew it wasn't "on him" as the bumper ships from Kaymar Australia and he has no interaction with packing it.

The extra "nuts on plate" captured bolts is also an extra piece for use on JDM and AU cruisers.

Great product, great service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom