Just saw this on craigslist 12k front clip for $300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, man if I had a 40, I'd buy that in a heartbit. Nawice catch John. That engine could be a suitable choice for a 40 project.

Would something like that be hard to swap into a 40, good idea? I still haven't done the swap for my dead engine and I'm wondering if that'd be a better deal than the $700 I'm in limbo with for a used 2F. I was going to have Lance at Iron Pig do the swap.
-Keith

hehe, when I first saw this post I thought "where's voltron?"

Since he'll be doing the work, ask Lance and see what his thoughts are. It might be a little more in labor since it's not the stock engine, but you might still come out ahead.

Even if that front clip comes with the tranny and transfercase the front drop is on the wrong side for a 40. That said, it is still a screaming deal. Just re-read the ad and it is a prerunner so no tranfercase on that clip at all.

Stick with a 2F swap or if you ever wanted to run a different engine than stock now is the time to make it happen. Lance did some crazy swap of a Toyota v8 in a FJ55 I believe

John Smith said:
Stick with a 2F swap or if you ever wanted to run a different engine than stock now is the time to make it happen. Lance did some crazy swap of a Toyota v8 in a FJ55 I believe

Yeah it's cool. I'm perfectly content with a 2F. I guess I was just wondering how "easy" it would've been, but it sounds not very and more expensive them I'm willing.

And the gas milage...ohhhhhhh

The toyota mini truck W56 tranny will bolt up to a 2.7 motor. Put a mini truck tcase and doubler behind that with a mini truck rearend. That would be smokin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom