Just got my FSM... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got home from school today to find a decent sized package on my front porch.  Upon opening it I was amazed at how much information the FSM contains.  It has literally got everything and more.

If you are wondering if it is worth the cash, IT IS!!!

BTW, thanks to all those who helped convince me that I needed one of these great manuals for myself.   :bow:

Now to protect your investment, take each page and have it laminated. That will keep you busy for a while.
The manual will start to fall apart from the binding with use. My FJ60 manual was so bad Toyota gave me a new one. If I had a scanner I would scan the pages that I use most so I could print them out.
I wish it was on a CD/DVD.
Now where can get all the parts numbers?
kurt

Kurt - you can get the part #'s off the yankeetoys site.

I've been thinking about just ripping apart my manual, scanning it, and printing pages when I need 'em. That way I can laminate the ones I need when I need them.

I'm too lazy though. :-[

Yeah, but definitely helps when you have grease all over the page and you can't read it :eek: - just wipe off. Plus for those of you that get extra excited about your parts and manuals are safe too. :eek: :D :slap:

How about having your wife turn the pages for you as you work? :)

Still working on that one myself Jim...

What I do with my CAD manuals is go into the Production Graphics lab and cut the binding off with the big paper cutter, then use the paper drill to three hole punch the whole book at once and put it in a binder. Then I can take pages out to copy or scan them as needed.

If I ever get enough extra cash to get a FSM, I'll do the same with it. Somebody needs to scan the whole thing and sell me a copy on CD. C'mon Rouge, hook us up.  :D

Better yet, Mike doesn't have a job. C'mon Junk. You can sell it on your web site with the t-shirt I just ordered yesterday. I'd pay money to watch when some corperate pencil neck lawyer knocks on your door for copywrite infringement. :D

I just got an assembly manual for my 69 Camaro. It has all the factory assembly drawings. A couple hundred pages worth. It has been very helpful putting this basket case together. No more "what the hell is this part?" questions. I sure wish there was a complete assembly manual for a 40 series.

I copy the FSM section(s) needed before starting a repair. Then I print any other tips and tricks from the web and staple the whole thing together and get it nice and greasy out in the garage while doing the project. Sometimes I'll write notes on the work sheets for reassembly tips. This works OK for me 'cause I have a cheap old copier at the house.

FSM stays pristine. :G
-B-

If I owned a scanner and knew how to put together a decent cd version I would be on it... As a backup copy of course. :G

Gumby I'd do it for ya. I can scan I think up to about 30 pages at a time, double sided. .... and I have acrobat. If I knew how to add all the scans together I'd do it in a heartbeat. .............anyone know? {insert lazy and stupid pic here :D).

Hey c'mon - some of you pc geeks gotta know. :slap: :slap: :D

If it's relatively easy to do, I'll scan it onto DVD or CD.

C'mon - big junk gotta know. :D

Do you mean put all the scans in one pdf document?
Not hard, on most scanners when scanning to document, you just select the document you want to add the page to and it does it. I'll have to find me a bootlegged copy of Acrobat and try it on my scanner at home and give you better directions. Most scanners also do a scan to text reading software so you can scan stuff into word, that might work as well. If yall mailed me an 80 FSM and a 40 FSM to go with it I would gladly scan them to a single adobe doc, put them on cd, or my webpage. BTW how many pages are in that thing? My Haynes 40 series manual is only about 200 pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom