Just bought a 17’ gx460 - looking for direction on wheels and tires (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I’m not planning on spacers or lifting right now or anytime soon. Just looking for some good black wheels and the largest AT tires I can fit. What exactly would you get if you were me and looking to keep purchase around $1500 - also looking at the SSO sliders and any suggestions on roof racks would be appreciated

I’m running TRD pro’s with BFG KO2’s 265 x 70 x 17 with no lift or mods.
FYI, pics required for new guys with new rigs. Show us what you got. Congrats
3D5C7988-AE4E-434C-B559-71DCD7D9EDA6.jpeg

Awesome, I think I was just looking at those same wheels
Did you have to heat gun with that size tire - did you order an sensor or just transfer over off the stock
I’ll get some pictures here shortly

No heat gun required. I transferred the TPMS from the stock 18” Lexus wheels to the TRD pros. The TRD wheels came with the lug nuts. I was looking for the Toyota look on the GX.

I don't think $1,500 will get you wheels and tires, but I could be wrong. I did a "buy 3 get one free" deal and paid $1,200 OTD for BFG KO2s. 255/70/18. Luckily my stock wheels were already black, but you could Plastidip or paint...
IMG_4588.jpg

I don't think $1,500 will get you wheels and tires, but I could be wrong. I did a "buy 3 get one free" deal and paid $1,200 OTD for BFG KO2s. 255/70/18. Luckily my stock wheels were already black, but you could Plastidip or paint...
View attachment 2320938
Looks sweet. Are the wheels factory black or powder coated? Lexus also has a nice gunmetal gray 18” F Sport wheel that is nice but pricey.

Looks sweet. Are the wheels factory black or powder coated? Lexus also has a nice gunmetal gray 18” F Sport wheel that is nice but pricey.
I honestly have no idea, but I think they were powder coated. I saw them on another Lexus at the dealership and wouldn’t buy mine unless they made the switch.

That’s an awesome rig, I’m thinking about keeping my stock wheels for now, its a premium and they are pretty nice even though I would prefer bronze or black. I’m thinking 265/65/18 wildpeak AT3 and maybe just Switching my lug nuts out with black ones may make it a little more sporty looking. Do you have a lift? What sliders are those?

That’s an awesome rig, I’m thinking about keeping my stock wheels for now, its a premium and they are pretty nice even though I would prefer bronze or black. I’m thinking 265/65/18 wildpeak AT3 and maybe just Switching my lug nuts out with black ones may make it a little more sporty looking. Do you have a lift? What sliders are those?

Thank you! yes, it's on a 3in OME lift all around and the sliders are by RSG. wheels are a -38, and tires are 285/75/17. Do it up and make it yours! can't go wrong with any of the options you mentioned. although, i'd start with lugs since its the cheapest. lol. and there's lot's of great looking GX's on this forum. im sure you can find a look that you dig!

Thank you! yes, it's on a 3in OME lift all around and the sliders are by RSG. wheels are a -38, and tires are 285/75/17. Do it up and make it yours! can't go wrong with any of the options you mentioned. although, i'd start with lugs since its the cheapest. lol. and there's lot's of great looking GX's on this forum. im sure you can find a look that you dig!
Nice, just order a 2” dobinson kit and put on some 275/65r18 AT today, I’ll get sliders, a roof rack, and some wheels at some point and then try to be content for awhile

I really like the SCS BR6 wheels. I think those will go on mine. A few friends that have SCS wheels on their rigs absolutely love them. I believe they are $245 each. That budget will be hard to keep to with good AT tires. Falken Wildpeak tires might be your best bet for a great tire that is less expensive than its rivals.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I’m not planning on spacers or lifting right now or anytime soon. Just looking for some good black wheels and the largest AT tires I can fit. What exactly would you get if you were me and looking to keep purchase around $1500 - also looking at the SSO sliders and any suggestions on roof racks would be appreciated
If you are thinking of going with a lift in the first 45,000k miles of owning it, I’d save and do the lift first. I added max tire size to my tundra and then lifted it 10k later. Tires looked small

But if you’re really not going to lift it, I like my method 0 offset wheels 17x8.5. Will give you near flush stance. These don’t have a bead lock and are flowformed for weight reduction.
For tires I got the C rated Toyo AT and they have performed great so far. Excited to test snow performance at some point this winter.
One thing to pay close attention to in tires is the sidewall rating. I’d avoid E in these trucks and their intentions. C has been a nice middle ground for me. Not too heavy, and not too stiff riding or harsh. Not gonna shred on the first rock they see either.
F79673B5-F03B-4DF4-A33D-8A6AADDB34B5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom